heritage firearms revolver 22 with 2 cylinders

Help Support Ruger Forum:

richard czarn

Bearcat
Has anybody used this brand and if so what were the results. Thinking of buying because of price. I would like a ruger 22 revolver but the higher price is holding me back. I now own ruger mark3 and 2 also LCP380. should I wait and look out for a used ruger22 or go the Heritage route.Thanks for your help.

wwb

Hunter
richard czarn":nb7b3eu8 said:
...... should I wait and look out for a used ruger22 or go the Heritage route.Thanks for your help.

Save your money until you can afford a Ruger. Life is too short to own a cheap gun.

If you're really in a hurry to get a .22 wheelgun, take a hard look at the various H&R offerings (used).... they have SAs, DAs, Top Breaks.... all are much better quality than the Heritage offerings, and for about the same $$$.

Flash

Buckeye
Glad someone beat me to this because I didn't have the heart to say it first. The Heritage revolvers are good if you want to keep a pile of papers from blowing away.

mattsbox99

Hunter
The Heritage guns look like they were rough cast and not finished, they also have a really goofy safety. The price isn't worth it, pretty much why I don't own any Taurus guns either.

richard czarn

Bearcat
thanks for all your help. I am now going to purchase a Ruger. looks like Heritage is a loser. Glad I looked for help on this forum. thanks again

diyj98

Single-Sixer
I agree the Heritage guns are junk, but mention this on some forums like rimfire and they roast you alive!

Flash

Buckeye
diyj98":1w7ysf3p said:
I agree the Heritage guns are junk, but mention this on some forums like rimfire and they roast you alive!

I agree. I guess those on a strict budget like them because they have to.

Aggie01

Blackhawk
In all fairness, you did ask on a Ruger forum. OF course the single six is going to be valued better than the Heritage here. :)
That being said,
I have picked up a couple used single sixes for around the $200 to $250 mark.
I would not trade either for a matched pair of consectuive SN heritages. The heritage .22's I have seen fairly failed to impress.

However, I also would not trade my H&R 999 that I rescued from a pawn shop for a price low enough for a po' college student to afford about 10 years for ago another single six.

AzRebel

Single-Sixer
Save up for the Ruger and you'll never regret it.

Buy the Heritage RR and you'll ALWAYS regret it.

Better yet, find a deal on a used Ruger for the same price as a new HRR. I wouldn't trade any functional Single Six for two new Heritage RR's.

Simple enough?

Daryl

BenT

Bearcat
Heritage is not junk but it isn't worth the money either. I paid $99 for mine and that is about what it is worth. It's accurate but fit and finish is basic. If you want to keep it in a tacklebox or tool box and bounce around.It's perfect. But for the money a good used H&R is much better quality than the heritage. The Ruger is by far better quality than the heritage.

the Black Spot

Bearcat
dad gum! seems like toting my heritage is a hanging offense! lol
(for the record i do have a ruger .22 single six, or did till my son wanted it.)