Henry Rimfire

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Arnold Stuart

Bearcat
OK, I know this is a ruger forum, but I am interested in a Henry rifle in 17mm. I have a 10-22 in 22mag and love it, but I like the looks of the lever action Henry. I am interested in either the Frontier or Golden Boy. Now to my question- Does anyone own either one of these rifles and what can you tell me about them? Things like-mounting a scope, Are they accurate, Etc, etc.

Arnold

kycliff

Bearcat
I own 3 of them H001 .22 & a older pump .22 & Golden Boy .22
I don't think you can go wrong with them, they make great rifles & have excellent customer service.

ProfessorWes

Hunter
I've already decided that Henry's classy blued/octagonal barreled "Frontier" model levergun in .22 LR will be my next gun purchase. It's a solid piece of engineering, and the several I've handled have had butter-smooth actions out of the box. And my Single-Six needs a companion levergun, anyway.

So do my Blackhawks. I'm thinking the gun purchase after that will be a Henry Big Boy in either .357 or .44. Just because.

Arnold Stuart

Bearcat
Thanks Guy's for your input, I will probaby go for the Golden Boy in 17hmr as I have a single six in 17 also. The golden boy reminds me of the first henry rifle made in 1860 in 44cal. You know old looking rifle for an old looking man. :lol: :lol:
Arnold

jcn1945

Bearcat
My best 3 shot 50 yard group ever was with the plain Jane .22 Henry lever gun. Better than my .22 Sako; better than the .22 Anchutz, better than my .22 T/C, better than ever.

.20 center to center, a one-time group.

Maybe all that proves is that a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

That particular gun has a ROUGH trigger.

A

Anonymous

+1 On the Henry Lever.

Own a H001 in .22 and it comes pretty close to being as accurate as my CZ452. (Scoped ... it can't touch the irons on the CZ)

Just shooting cheap bulk right now to break the barrel in, so with the right ammo she may be a tack driver.

ProfessorWes

Hunter
I think you'll like it, Arnold.

I brought my new Lever Octagon .22LR along on a visit to my parents this weekend...and my father liked mine so much, I ended up having to buy him one as well.

Well...at least that's one Christmas gift off the list...;)

Latest posts