Help with value on SS 3 screw 357 mag blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dbl Auto

Single-Sixer
Gentlemen, my buddy picked up a 3 screw 357 mag Blackhwak in Stainless Steel yesterday at an auction. When he got the gun it had a factory letter stating that the gun was shipped in Oct of 1968 as a model BKH 34 with a 4 5/8" bbl. It is serial # 13175X. It has what appear to be aftermarket grips. The cool thing is that he has a 44 mag BKH(new style) in SS that has the same grips and they match perfectly. Our price guide books don't list the 3 screw 357's in stainless. We are looking to see what the experts feel it is worth. It is in great condition. The only pic I have is a cell phone shot from him. Here it is:
SS_3_screw_357.jpg

Doug

I told him not to go too crazy, Lima Gun show is just around the corner!

Tucsonite

Single-Sixer
Hard to tell by the pic, but it could be in the white with a high polish too. And Dick is right they didnt make a stainless 3 screw.

Dan

flatgate

Hawkeye
45520175.jpg

A lot of us have plated Rugers in our collections.........

The XR3-RED grip size was first introduced back in June/July of 1962. It's still used today.

flatgate

JMHO

As it is, it's a "shooter". It has no collector value except to someone interested in a "refinished" gun. If it's in otherwise good shape, perhaps $300. Perhaps. Maybe.

JMHO

Guys?

:D

contender

Ruger Guru
As noted,, it's either in the white or plated. That makes it a shooter. Especially since the factory states it as a BKH-34 shipped in 1968. They didn't offer ANY stainlees guns for MANY years after that.
So as to value,, shooter price,, whatever one brings in your area.

flatgate

Hawkeye
The "proper" grips will cost $40-$50, as well.

Ruger's stainless steel Blackhawks utilize a "pinned in" front sight blade that's blued steel. That plated sight is going to be a real "bear" in the sunlight. At least rough it up an bit and gets some flat black paint on the sides facing the shooter.

JMHO,

flatgate

PS Value? I'd not give much over $250 for it but then again I'm not a big fan of the .357's in the Blackhawks.

Latest posts