Help with value of reloading components. Thanks in advance

Help Support Ruger Forum:

harley2007

Single-Sixer
Hello All,

Would appreciate some assistance. I bought a bunch of reloading stuff about 8 years ago hoping to get into reloading but never happened and I don't see it happening. I want to sell it all as one bulk sale locally only, as shipping will be prohibitive. I imagine the beginner tools are not that valuable but hoping the reloading components are at least desirable. Want to get the garage cleaned out.

Have new never used dies: 38, 9mm, 45ACP and 380.

Roughly 1,000 9mm FMJ, 500 38 WC, and 450 45 ACP FMJ bullets, some primers and misc other stuff (empty boxes with trays for reloaded ammo)

Lots of clean and dirty used brass for each caliber, a casing vibrator, separating trays for brass, some powder, and the tools shown.

Can anyone give me a reasonable value on this stuff as a total lot sale? Thanks a bunch.

B9E223DB-2714-4B0E-8A02-ABDB85896066.jpg

This what I do, you know the items you have for sale, look each up on Midway, Cabela's etc. Learn the current price, use half of that to sell them. That way your offering a fair price. Unless a item is a collector type thing, used NIB vs new. I would not pay over about half of current price. I just go buy new. I did not see any collector/limited/higher wanted items that would up the value.

IKE

Single-Sixer
After you get the asking prices figured out I may be interested in the 450 230gr. 45 ACP FMJ's (not plated) bullets......send me a PM after you figure out what you'd want for them.

harley2007

Single-Sixer
Yes thanks, not wanting to pick it apart and I know that limits me. If it all isn't worth $200 or so, I'll probably pack it tightly and keep it another 10 years!

57springer

Buckeye
harley2007 said:
Yes thanks, not wanting to pick it apart and I know that limits me. If it all isn't worth $200 or so, I'll probably pack it tightly and keep it another 10 years!
After looking at the fotos , if you are at $200 , you will have no trouble selling it quickly.

Aqualung

Blackhawk
I think you can get more than $200 for it, possibly up to $300.

If you're not aware, there's a gun-related classifieds site called ArmsList for the Tampa area, which might get you some takers:
https://www.armslist.com/classifieds/tampa

It's free classifieds, but, of course be wary, just like on Craigslist...

Aqualung

mike7mm08

Buckeye
The half of new is a good rule of thumb for equipment if used. Unused I would go a third off of new.As for components you can get a lot more. As expensive and hard to find as components have become recently I would not cut myself that deep when selling. Typically you have no trouble getting at least 75 to 80 percent of retail for new brass and bullets. Hard to find a retailer sale more than about 10 percent off. Fired unprocessed brass is about half of new.

Those are the I want to sell it prices. Need to sell it price figure retail cut it in half add ten percent. You might get asking or you can knock ten percent off to make the sale.