Help with refinishing a P94?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Paine

Bearcat
Ok where I come from out in kansas originally, you don't pay people to fix things for you, you figure it out and do it yourself. Here's my problem.

DSCN0079.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo, my camera sucks and I'm saving for a 1911 so I'm trying not to spend on anything I don't really need.(Maybe I'll have enough saved up by the time ruger comes out with the SR1911 lol)

Anyway, been looking around on the interwebs for a way to refinish the slide of my P94. I've been looking at parkerizing and duracoat and I kind of like the idea of matching the finish of the slide to the frame. Has anyone out there tried this or seen one that's been done? Can it even be done? I've never blued or coated or anything else any of my firearms so this will be a learning experience for me. I can't really have my pistol be out for too long because it's my duty pistol at work. If anyone can give me any kind of advice I'd appreciate it.

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, it's hard to tell about your gun in the pic,, but it looks blued. If so,, a re-blue is a lot more work than a few other finishes. I think parkerizing is the "easiest" & least expensive of the methods you mentioned.