help with powder charge weights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
Iron Mike Golf said:
Were it my pound of Bullseye, it would go to 45 ACP. 4.0 gr under a 200 gr SWC. H&G #68 (or clone) or a Lyman 452460. Just for fun, I shot my Mk IV Gov't without cleaning to see at what point I got enough fouling to cause a problem. It was over 600 rds and the problem was lube fouling.

I've had better accuracy results in 9mm and 40 S&W using other powders (Power Pistol, Titegroup, HS-6), but that's my guns and molds. YMMV.

thank you sir. another gentleman heard from! and if ever I may be of assistance to you I will gladly return the favor. I have made note of what works for you and will look into it further along with all the other avenues pursued.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
mikld said:
pjvrefugee said:
mikld said:
Sorry, but if you have been reloading since the 70s you should know better than to ask such a basic, Reloading 101 question anonymously. And to get data that's safe to use from a forum, is also questionable thinking. Yep, some responses are really rude (the one in all caps is well known for the lack of decorum, but he's considered a "loveable old curmudgeon" by some and his BS is ignored). But you left yourself open for comments like "get a manual" with your OP. Sounds like you did not want to do any work/research yourself and wanted to be lead by the hand to a load...

seems you did not see my response. if you had you would have understood this was only one place I was seeking answers. the others were mentioned in that response. one mans lovable old curmudgeon is anothers rude nasty arrogant snotty wuss. I have manuals and have since the post acquired more that are applicable to the powders mentioned. I have also asked questions of several reloaders locally who have used these powders. so the bottom line is I have all the data I need. but I was not wasting my time here. some of the forum members responded with decorum and were quite willing to help. one even sent me private messages that were polite and appreciated. I repeat sir, there is no excuse for bad behavior. perhaps some men can only mouth off in places like this because their wives keep them in line every other place.
Yeah, saw your response, and read your family history, but that is no indication of whether you had the initiative to do some research yourself. A forum is the last place I would get reloading data as I've seen way too many questionable answers to the same old "I want a load for my ...." question. I also have friends I trust that reload, but all are human and I'll shoot no one else's reloads and I find my data in one of my reloading manuals.

I would not write anything in a post on a forum I would not say to your face, and your replies seem to be almost as insulting as that old tu*d that rants with every reply...

FWIW and actually, it ain't much; I made my first reloads in 1969 with a Lee Loader (waaay pre web), I now reload on one of my 4 presses for 9 of my 11 centerfire firearms. I cast my own bullets for 8 of my guns and size and lube them too (and even powder coat for 4 ). So my experience with shooting and reloading means nuttin' if I ask an anonymous question about something basic which is found in mebbe 9 of my 9 reloading manuals...

and do you have a problem passing along your experience to friends? does not seem like a big hairy deal to me under any circumstances. I do it all the time. and when I do it is with a smile and a handshake, not with a snippy attitude. this is all I intend to say on this subject. it is really pointless to continue. you are welcome to your opinion, and I will gladly retain mine. obviously we will never see eye to eye, and just as likely we will never say it to each others face. too bad.

mikld

Blackhawk
The experience I pass along is "Go slow, double check everything, get your data from a published reloading manual". I also pass along just how stupid it is to use data from any forum expert, gun shop guru, range rat, pet loads web site, or gun counter clerk...

Yep, 'nuf said...

Latest posts