Help with a Mini-14 GB-F

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sigp220.45

Single-Sixer
A local shop has a 182 prefix Mini-14 with a shorter than normal barrel, a flash hider, a bayonet lug, and a factory side folding stock. I've stumbled around on this site enough through the search function that I'm fairly confident this is a GB-F (Government/Bayonet - Folding Stock), but I'm clueless as to what a good price for this gun would be in today's climate.

Its in excellent condition and comes with one twenty round magazine. The asking price is $999. Seems like a lot of money for a Mini-14, but maybe the addtional features add something to the value. If that price is a steal, I might grab it since I'm in the market for a .223 and I like Rugers.

What say you?

96/44

Blackhawk
I think it's hard to accurately price a Mini lately, but I saw a GB-F at the local gun shop last year for $1200. It was minty, and didn't sit on the shelf more than a week before it sold. If you want one, and it is in great shape it's probably not out of line.

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
I purchased one last year, came with 1 20 ruger mag w/o the folding stock and paid 450 for it. hth greg :)

If it's all factory stuff, including and most important the folding stock then it is a fair to good price for the rifle from a collecting standpoint...

As for function and stuff... I'm not a fan of the factory folders.

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
I gave up on the folders as well. And I don't need a Bayonnett lug either.
I guess for collecting somebody would want it.
But for that price I would buy 2 regular mini's.
Just me.

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
sigp220.45":2z7qndpo said:
A local shop has a 182 prefix Mini-14 with a shorter than normal barrel, a flash hider, a bayonet lug, and a factory side folding stock. I've stumbled around on this site enough through the search function that I'm fairly confident this is a GB-F (Government/Bayonet - Folding Stock), but I'm clueless as to what a good price for this gun would be in today's climate.

Its in excellent condition and comes with one twenty round magazine. The asking price is $999. Seems like a lot of money for a Mini-14, but maybe the addtional features add something to the value. If that price is a steal, I might grab it since I'm in the market for a .223 and I like Rugers.

What say you?

True factory folders can go for $300-400 so that is a factor if you want one. I paid $650 for one with a Butler Creek folder but it came with four NEW Ruger 20-rounders that (at the time) were worth $50 each and a new bayonet worth about $20. :mrgreen: