HELP - Ruger 1A 7.62.x39????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gonfishn

Bearcat
Serial #134-419 (2015 series of numbers). So, I was looking over a site and as per chance the site updated with a listing for a Ruger #1, BLUED, in 7.62x39, NIB, at a really nice price. Now I was of the opinion that the only #1 in this mm was the one I already had NIB in S/S? In fact the folks I got it from must not have read the nomenclature themselves because they likened it to that same series of weapons which obviously it can'tbe as its blued. Now my problem is finding out if its the real deal. Anyone heard of this 7.62x39 being produced in 2015? It has a model number of 11392. I'll put a pic up when I figure it out under the #1 AND #3 SHOW US YOUR JUNK thread along with several more I just couldn't pass up :lol:

357Maximum

Bearcat
Yes new production for 2015. Probably .311 barrels they had made for the .303 Bristish a few years ago as some new production .303 have also appeared.

Gonfishn

Bearcat
Now I'm a bit worried. Why would anyone sell for the price I got it for? I think I'll try to fnd out if its stolen as I don't need the hassle of having someone else's weapon as I know how I'd feel if the shoe was on the other foot.

Single-Sixer
gewehrfreund said:
That has to be well below dealer cost.

Indeed. Sounds like TOO good of a deal. Hope it is ok, because you just got the deal of a lifetime on a new #1 if it is.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
021 said:
gewehrfreund said:
That has to be well below dealer cost.

Indeed. Sounds like TOO good of a deal. Hope it is ok, because you just got the deal of a lifetime on a new #1 if it is.

I've seen a few for sale $900 lowest price.

Gonfishn

Bearcat
Ok, did my due diligence. Contacted the KBCI and asked them to run the SN statewide, came back clean. Wanted to run it through NCIC but couldn't get it done as a civilian (retired LEO). I guess I'm good to go? Still uneasy though.

chet15

Hawkeye
For that kind of $, why are you waiting. Probably being sold by a disgruntled recently divorced wife.
Chet15

Gonfishn

Bearcat
Yo Ruger Guru, I already got it and then started thinking about the good deal :) Anyway, I've moved on since I tried to see if it was stolen and figure that its not (I hope). Got it the other day and love it, sure feels nice, haven't shot it but I did post a pic on the Ruger #1 and #3 thread with all the pictures.

Gonfishn

Bearcat
Yo Ruger Guru, I already got it and then started thinking about the good deal :) Anyway, I've moved on since I tried to see if it was stolen and figure that its not (I hope). Got it the other day and love it, sure feels nice, haven't shot it but I did post a pic on the Ruger #1 and #3 thread with all the pictures.

Arky

Single-Sixer
First of all let me say this is a sincere question. Why would you want a #1 in 7.62 x 39? I know we as gun people have our little quirks and preferences, but I can't imagine why this combo would be desirable as a gun. Maybe as part of a collection?

Kanook

Buckeye
Arky said:
First of all let me say this is a sincere question. Why would you want a #1 in 7.62 x 39? I know we as gun people have our little quirks and preferences, but I can't imagine why this combo would be desirable as a gun. Maybe as part of a collection?
The length /king of bullet doesn't matter in a single shot.

If I found one to handle I might buy it, it would look nice next to my MKII M77 stainless.

FYI
Grabagun has the No.1 in 7.62x39 available today for $875.30 including shipping, it is the Light Sporter with 22" barrel. I presume 2015 version...not sure how many they have but I wanted to let my forum brethren now, they also have some other No.1's for sale including the new 24" .30-06 available,

And Buds has the 450/400 Nitro for sale today at $867.00 plus shipping...

Good luck

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Nh Rugerman said:
FYI
Grabagun has the No.1 in 7.62x39 available today for $875.30 including shipping, it is the Light Sporter with 22" barrel. I presume 2015 version...not sure how many they have but I wanted to let my forum brethren now, they also have some other No.1's for sale including the new 24" .30-06 available,

And Buds has the 450/400 Nitro for sale today at $867.00 plus shipping...

Good luck

305 #1 7.62x39 rifles made according to Lipseys, I'm told goal in part to use up the old wood (and parts) so many complained about. The price listed above is the 2nd best price I've seen other than OP. I've been looking one over just recently, it is very nice. Seen several conflicting responses on barrel, it is .311. See below detail:

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RU1A762X39

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Arky said:

Yep, desire for something different, many compare it to 30-30 ballistic wise, so why not? And these are CHEAP for a #1 these days.

I've never seen a K1A version for sale, probably a built in market for the K1A owners, must have the companion blued version. And then there are those who can buy a 1000 round case of ammo for <$225, and shoot it out of a decent looking rifle. Not all agree on suitability of the surplus/import steel case ammo, not sure myself so would like to know any experience opinions as I am considering one of these rifles myself.

Latest posts