Help identify this pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

slip60

Bearcat
Hi folks...I currently own two ruger pistols but came across this one and I can't identify it. Ive searched Ruger .45 with 12" barrel but no go. Neighbor wants to sell it and Im on the fence..Anyone knoiw what model, decade it was availble and what you think its worth ..Thanks
Robert

slip60

Bearcat
Hi folks...I currently own two ruger pistols but came across this one and I can't identify it. Ive searched Ruger .45 with 12" barrel but no go. Neighbor wants to sell it and Im on the fence..Anyone knoiw what model, decade it was availble and what you think its worth ..Thanks
Robert

Attachments

• 5494493412942508836 (002).jpg
    5494493412942508836 (002).jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 218

Zeke38

Bearcat
CYLINDER has no flutes, 44 SBH bored out to 45, custom barrel and old scope from the 80s. My guess is custom including the grips and cleaning rod, all the way. 3 Screw so it's before the new model.. Guns are like hot rod cars, lots of money to build, only worth what someone is willing to pay. On second look it appears to be a flattop 44 with an opened up/ enlarged frame window and converted to 45. Scope is a Bushnell 1Xworth about 25 dollars. 600 dollars .

slip60

Bearcat
Thanks guys..appreciate the help..Its a cool gun but Im only into for a good buy. Ive never seen one before so I thought it might be custom made. Maybe offer him a low ball number. He didnt buy it he was given it as a joke from a friend who passed on cause he doesn't like guns. Go figure..lol

hittman

Staff member
Let's see a picture of the LEFT side of the frame please.

Could it be a factory 45 with different barrel and grip frame?
If it used to be a 44 Mag I'd like to know who did the work on it and that its safe to shoot before any offer is made.

its custom, I just had one and had shown it here on the forum some time back was custom built , converted .44 Mag.OM flatop, to a 45 long colt and with a 10 inch barrel, nice job by Andy Horvath over here in OHio at Diagonal Rd gunshop...back then it had cost like $1500 for the package, and last week I sold the .44 6 1/2inch barrel and the 44 mag cylinder from off this gun..........Make him an offer , just don't go crazy or use the "Pucker Factor".........I think it looks neat....:cool:;)

q8tlq7Um.jpg

was a 4 digit 44 magnum "flatop", to a .45 LC;)......sold the first show !!!

slip60

Bearcat
Hey Rugerguy .. appreciate all the info. Yeah it's pretty cool looking almost looks like a cartoon gun from the roadrunner and wile e coyote.
Press the trigger and expect the flag to come out. I offered $200. See how it goes

NitroAcres

Single-Sixer
Hey Rugerguy .. appreciate all the info. Yeah it's pretty cool looking almost looks like a cartoon gun from the roadrunner and wile e coyote.
Press the trigger and expect the flag to come out. I offered $200. See how it goes
I would have been triple that amount...