hello fellas

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chriskm

Bearcat
brand new to the forum. i have had many rugers in the past, but now i only have a mark 3 hunter ss with the ct grips. i am a member of other forums. i had many problems which are typical to the model 3. if i can help you guys out in anyway please feel free to pm, or email me. again glad to be here.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok,, we have heard of that occasionally. Usually a good cleaning,, and the occasional stoning of any burrs, etc took care of those issues. Some folks opted to replace the factory parts with parts from Volquartsen. My one MKII has not had any issue,, nor has the several MKI's & MKII's.

chriskm

Bearcat
at least 1-2 rounds every mag full. but with the vq extractor and modifying the mags etc. all is well

DMN

Bearcat
chriskm":y1uy5i62 said:
at least 1-2 rounds every mag full. but with the vq extractor and modifying the mags etc. all is well

10% to 20% stovepipe is horrible. I'm glad you worked it out.

chriskm

Bearcat
what really bothered me is this did not happen as often with slow bullseye type shooting, even with rem. gb's. which are supposed to be the worst.
but at rapid fire at steel plate matches it was a jam queen shooting mini mags. was really emberassing to myself and the gun considering it was 620$. the buckmarks ate my lunch that day fellas!LOL!
i learned how to tweak the mark 3 to make it run right. and have even fixed a few for others because they gave up on them.