Hello all...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Longshoreman

Bearcat
'nother new guy here...

I just ordered my BH from a great little gun shop here in Lodi, Ca. I first saw the 50th ann. BH a couple years ago and the 6 & 1/2" barrel length worked well in my hands for balance and feel.

I intend to shoot this gun. I'll start out with .44 specials and go from there as I get what I want as far as results at the range.

Am I nuts for buying this gun intending to shoot it? I am only paying a little over $400 for the thing and have always wanted one.

Longshoreman

Bearcat
sunday bill":3r7gejvk said:
If shooting a Ruger handgun=nuts, then color me nuts X 200,000+.

Enjoy, Longshoreman.

Thank you sir. In my opinion, this is the best deal going at the present time for these works of mechanical art. CDNN is blowing them out but won't ship to California, or I could have got it a little cheaper.

maxpress

Buckeye
i shoot 100-200 rnds at a range visit with handloads running about 1000fps with a 240gr lswc. no your not any crazier than the rest of us.
now with full house 300 grainers i ussually only pop off about 50

Longshoreman

Bearcat
maxpress":1vc7cm9j said:
i shoot 100-200 rnds at a range visit with handloads running about 1000fps with a 240gr lswc. no your not any crazier than the rest of us.

I got a deal I couldn't refuse on some Rem. .44 RP and would never waste them at the range but for the price I got them at. But they will sit in the box for now. I have a friend making up some of his best .44 special. He gets more requests for this than any other.

Next question...who makes the best shooting glove? I have a pair I'm not too impressed with.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Gloves? I use PAST brand. I strongly recommend "canning" the black grips for some other style......

264767069.jpg

I put walnuts on my 50th .44 but still suffered "knuckle rap" and have since changed grip frames....

flatgate

Longshoreman

Bearcat
Yeah I hear they chew you up pretty good after a few rounds. Kind of puts a new definition on "rosie palm".

Those walnuts look so much better also. Thank you for the advice flatgate

Longshoreman

Bearcat
I appreciate the comebacks guys. I just never have purchased a collecter's firearm brand new before. It hopefully won't come with any of the gold rolled lettering on the barrel, as I have seen one wthout that lettering. I think I read of one on these forums also.

But it is unobtrusive if it is there, not like what they put on the Super anyway, and I'll just look over it and have fun!!

It will still be a collecter's item if it isn't unfired, right?

I have Hogue grips on my Ruger SA's. I may not be a purist but at 73 and arthritis in one hand I can't be choosy. They keep me from busting my knuckle and I can hold the gun steadier. If you can't stand the rubber ones, Hogue makes some beautiful wood ones that fill the space behind the trigger guard and have grooves to help with the grip.

At my age you have to do what you have to do to keep shooting.

Grampie not Grumpie,

Beauetienne

Single-Sixer
Longshoreman":1it1semp said:
I appreciate the comebacks guys. I just never have purchased a collecter's firearm brand new before. It hopefully won't come with any of the gold rolled lettering on the barrel, as I have seen one wthout that lettering. I think I read of one on these forums also.

But it is unobtrusive if it is there, not like what they put on the Super anyway, and I'll just look over it and have fun!!

It will still be a collecter's item if it isn't unfired, right?

Value of a collectable firearm is determined primarily, like most things, by supply and demand.

The fewer models that are produced usually means a higher collector value.

IMHO, the collector value of this one may not accrue quickly enough to be of any great financial reward to you. On the other hand, maybe just the personal satisfaction of owning an unused revolver may be what you are looking for.

I would enjoy shooting this one.

maxpress

Buckeye
maxpress wrote:

I got a deal I couldn't refuse on some Rem. .44 RP and would never waste them at the range but for the price I got them at. But they will sit in the box for now. I have a friend making up some of his best .44 special. He gets more requests for this than any other.

yeah i load my own for 10-25 cents a shot. i cant see buying factorie ammo at $1 a pop now days even though i keep it in my gun when im carrying.

Latest posts