Held a Glock 19 again...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yosemite Sam":3cwrxv4u said:
Problem is, people seem to think their used G30s are worth as much as new ones. I can buy a used Gen 2 G21 with night sights for less than I can find a box stock G30. I have three people offering them to me for $50 less than I can get a new one.

-- Sam

That's a helluva testament to the Glock brand ... I think realistic numbers are $500 new .... $400 used in good condition. That's pretty much standard.

My LGS owner showed me today an ad in one of his wholesale mags where he could get Glock 22 turn-ins from the Pittsburgh police (I think) for $279 with 3 15 round mags. That's HIS price so figure about $30-50 higher or so.

If I wanted a .40 (which I DON'T), I wouldn't be afraid of those guns at all for about $325 ...

REV

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Current (new) prices are more like just under $550 for regular sights, $590 or so for night sights. Used guns should be in the $400-450 (maybe $475) range, but at least not while I'm looking...

I've seen clean used G19s with holsters used for $395. There are three of those older gen (which I prefer - no misplaced finger grooves) G21s at my local shop for $450 or less. A G30? Not as far as the eye can see...

-- Sam

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Well, thanks to RF member dougader I am now the proud owner of a G30 to go along with my G17-L. Great gun, great deal, nice guy, and glad to meet you!

-- Sam

Mike J

Hunter
LOL Sam-Way to be strong.
Congrats on your purchases-I have never shot a G-30 but it looks like a neat little carry piece. Guy I used to know had one & really liked it.

NC-P95

Bearcat
Mike J":26w3lvwp said:
LOL Sam-Way to be strong.
Congrats on your purchases-I have never shot a G-30 but it looks like a neat little carry piece. Guy I used to know had one & really liked it.

Congrats Sam!

The 30SF is what I had my eye on for a while, liked the .45 caliber, but decided to go with the G27, .40, for a smaller frame and cheaper ammo.....

Still waiting on the G27 to show up in the mail... Hopefully it'll be here today or tomorrow... hopefully....

keen one

Bearcat
Glock is a fine utilitarian pistol. Another choice available to us in a free country. They may lack the refined manufacturing excellence of say a Colt, however they are dreadfully simple to operate, strip, clean etc.

If you don't like one find somthing you do like.

piratedude

Single-Sixer
ConradM":3fo069q0 said:
As far as I can tell it's the only gun that has that severe of a grip angle. To each his own I guess.

Its the same grip angle as a Luger.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
piratedude":2yobdixn said:
ConradM":2yobdixn said:
As far as I can tell it's the only gun that has that severe of a grip angle. To each his own I guess.

Its the same grip angle as a Luger.
Or a Ruger Mk<whatever> .22 LR.

It's not necessarily better or worse, just different. But between the angle, the finger grooves that don't seem to be in the right place for anyone, and the generally chunkiness, the grip does appear to be the big stumbling block for a lot of people.

Personally, I have to go into "firearm as a tool" mode to accept any poly pistol. Once I do that I want a simple, well made tool.

My new G30 shoots great, fwiw... :D

-- Sam