Held a Glock 19 again...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jbender

Bearcat
Come on conrad that bright od green glock is.......absolutely.......georHIDEOUSgeous

welder

Buckeye
One more attribute sometimes missed is the polygonal rifling. Easily cleaned and able to achieve higher velocities with a given load. Many argue they can't shoot lead. So what. A replacement barrel is available, easy enough if you're bent on scrubbing a barrel, but not me. You pay your money and take home what you want. I'm glad we have choices myself and are able to "compare".

ConradM

Blackhawk
ArmedinAZ":2v6fxatf said:
You guys crack me up :D

"It reminds me of a Volvo..and..and...the green is just yucky...and...and..."

You looking to date the darn thing or shoot holes with it? :mrgreen:

Oh come on... Guns have to look pretty. You're lying if you don't care what your guns look like. :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
ConradM":223q5ske said:
ArmedinAZ":223q5ske said:

Oh come on... Guns have to look pretty. You're lying if you don't care what your guns look like. :lol:

Now THAT, Conrad, is exactly why you should be looking at 1911's. You have no idea how many people who HATED 1911's .. got one, and then ended up with about 6. :D

REV

raw6464

Bearcat
ConradM":b8zikyl2 said:
Like I said, I'm sure Glocks are fine guns, they have to be. Hell it was the first gun I ever shot thx to my cop brother.

But I think the following they have is more based on rep then anything else. Sheeple see this manufacture with this already great following and think it must be the best thing since sliced bread. When in reality it's no better than any of the top poly pistols available.

Like anything else a gun choice is in the hands of the beholder.

As for the Glock itself, after around 25 years NOBODY has been able to improve the simplicity, weight or exceed the reliability of Glock hand guns. Even today when semiauto polymer guns are tested... Glock is still the gold standard. So when you say a Glock is no better than top poly pistols that may be so in certain categories, but add up all the categories of a semiauto over all, Glock is still the gun to beat... when it comes to firepower, Glock is top gun, nobody is even comes close. A Glock 17 in your night draw with 34 rounds of Speers Golddot 9MM +P ready to go
is an unequaled readiness by any other handgun.

ConradM

Blackhawk
revhigh":2eb0e8h8 said:
ConradM":2eb0e8h8 said:
ArmedinAZ":2eb0e8h8 said:

Now THAT, Conrad, is exactly why you should be looking at 1911's. You have no idea how many people who HATED 1911's .. got one, and then ended up with about 6. :D

REV

Oh Rev, I will get one some day. It's the small issue of not having $1000+ laying around :wink: I need to get another CC gun and or an AR15 before I get a 1911.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
My wife came home from the grocery store with a "Glock Autopistols" magazine. It's basically one big advertisement for the new Gen4 G22 with the RTF2 grip treatment.

Should I take this as a hint and run out and get another Glock? She doesn't shoot, or even like guns for that matter.

Problem is, I have way too many 9mms, and don't like their .45s all that much. And I certainly don't want a new caliber.

Oh, what to do, what to do... :lol:

-- Sam

ConradM

Blackhawk
Yosemite Sam":qs9s95yy said:
My wife came home from the grocery store with a "Glock Autopistols" magazine. It's basically one big advertisement for the new Gen4 G22 with the RTF2 grip treatment.

Should I take this as a hint and run out and get another Glock? She doesn't shoot, or even like guns for that matter.

Problem is, I have way too many 9mms, and don't like their .45s all that much. And I certainly don't want a new caliber.

-- Sam

Your wife is awesome! :lol:

raw6464

Bearcat
Yosemite Sam":3i3hfy64 said:

-- Sam

Well first, you never have TOO MANY 9mms! Second ya know what they say about people who hesitate.

Ganderson

Bearcat
There seems to be a lot of comparison between the SR9 and the Glock 19 around and it has got me very curious.

Today is my range-day at lunchtime and I plan on taking the G19 for a spin for a direct comparison with my SR9... I should have time to put 75 - 100 rounds through each so I'll make some notes and post my thoughts this afternoon.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
ConradM":dl03a4go said:
Yosemite Sam":dl03a4go said:

-- Sam

Your wife is awesome! :lol:
Thank you. I think so too, at least most times... :D

I have to admit, I spent a lot of time thinking about Glocks last night... May have to go fondle a G30 again.

When I say I have too many 9mms, I really mean I have too many. Plus, that caliber just isn't doing much for me these days.

-- Sam

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Well, I went to the shop and handled a Glock 30 (.45 ACP compact) again today. Not as bad as I remembered.

I must be strong. I must be strong.

-- Sam

jbender

Bearcat
forget that being strong business sam youve got to find some way to justify that......its a sweet gun (for most if not all cops) all else fails just tell yourself you always wanted to be a cop? lol

raw6464

Bearcat
Yosemite Sam":2n1zch4n said:
Well, I went to the shop and handled a Glock 30 (.45 ACP compact) again today. Not as bad as I remembered.

I must be strong. I must be strong.

-- Sam

Ya know what they say about .45 ACP... people own them because they don't make a .46!

Go for it Sam... if necessary begging for forgiveness is easier than permission.

Scorpion

Bearcat
Some interesting exchanges to say the least. Personally I own several different brands of guns (Gotta get me a Kimber) and I find something good about all of them. I only own one Glock (G22) but I'm happy with it and would certainly buy another Glock in a different caliber if the opportunity presented itself for a good deal. I guess it's just that people are very diverse (thankfully) and that's what make us all unique.

jazzman

Single-Sixer
Sam,
I am looking for a 45 also. Have a few 9's but really looking for a 45 as I have had a few in the past. I just can't find any I really like. Not all that into striker fired. I guess I will go look at some Kimbers next week. I know I could get two glock 30's for the same price as a Kimber but I just can't warm up to the glock or M&P or XD that much. Let us know what you decide. I am sure the glock would be a fine gun, but to me I have to like the looks of the thing if its for recreational shooting. Now if it was for defending my life with the story might change.

Jazzman

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
jazzman":1y44zojx said:
Sam,
I am looking for a 45 also. Have a few 9's but really looking for a 45 as I have had a few in the past. I just can't find any I really like. Not all that into striker fired. I guess I will go look at some Kimbers next week. I know I could get two glock 30's for the same price as a Kimber but I just can't warm up to the glock or M&P or XD that much. Let us know what you decide. I am sure the glock would be a fine gun, but to me I have to like the looks of the thing if its for recreational shooting. Now if it was for defending my life with the story might change.

Jazzman
Funny you should mention that. This odd desire I have to acquire another Glock has little to do with reason and a lot to do with my wife bringing that stupid Glock magazine home, as well as my own ability to get caught up in "gotta have it" fever...

It was just earlier this month that I had the "need" for a hi-cap .45, looked around, was not happy with the striker-fired polymer choices, and got a RIA hi-cap 1911 (reviewed here). This was meant as a night stand gun, never considered for carrying, as I've got other guns for that role.

Then the Glockaholism hit.

I've again looked at XDs and M&Ps, and come to conclusion that for me, the "classic plastic" is the way to go, if I'm going to do it.

Problem is, people seem to think their used G30s are worth as much as new ones. I can buy a used Gen 2 G21 with night sights for less than I can find a box stock G30. I have three people offering them to me for $50 less than I can get a new one.

-- Sam