HEE HAW....!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Diabloman

Single-Sixer
STUCK TONGUE....!.jpeg

Hee-Haw was one show that the wife and I watched (religiously? if I may use that word without getting people upset). The music, the jokes, simply the show was great. IIRC, there were a bunch of country stars that got their start on that show. And yes the non-PC of the show would today make the liberals heads explode (ya know, a show showing libs watching and reacting to Hee-Haw might be a fun show to watch 😀 )

You absolutely could not make Hee Haw today. I don't blame it in the current spate of political correctness. I blame it on a complete lack of a sense of humor on today's young.
True about that! I remember in the mid 90s when folks like Shania Twain and Garth Brooks were hitting their stride and American Heritage had an article that country music was dying out to a degree that now is more so in how many of the performers have no connection to rural and country life. Imagine telling someone like Taylor Swift she is going on a show wearing overalls, a straw hat and just guess the reaction.

RSIno1

Hunter
Last edited:

Cholo

Staff member
Hee Haw: I liked Gailard Sartain as the truck stop fry cook. He'd always be swatting flies over the food, dropping steaks and things on the floor and putting them right back on the plate. My favorite skit was when someone would order a hamburger and he'd stick a big handful of ground beef into his dirty armpit and pump it flat while he's talking to them 🤣

1672513116775.png

Hee-Haw was one show that the wife and I watched (religiously? if I may use that word without getting people upset). The music, the jokes, simply the show was great. IIRC, there were a bunch of country stars that got their start on that show. And yes the non-PC of the show would today make the liberals heads explode (ya know, a show showing libs watching and reacting to Hee-Haw might be a fun show to watch 😀 )
Imagine the left if Hee Haw was made to today just the last name of Ida Lee and Lavern Nagger, the bickering couple would have them up in arms!

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
I miss the Hee Haw show.

Never cared for Buck Owens,, but that's my taste preferences. But watching Roy picking,, a joy!
The whole show was good too!
I think Roy Clark was one of the best , if not the best guitar player there ever was.
He not only played the guitar , but just about every other instrument out there.

Latest posts