Heavy Metal...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
Not a Ruger but I thought I would share this.

Springfield Armory M1A (M14) with USGI H&R barrel, ACE Skeleton stock, Hogue grip, Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15X40m Tactical scope and a Harris bipod in a Troy MCS chassis. :mrgreen:

M14MCS030710011.jpg

M14MCS030710007.jpg

M14MCS030710006.jpg

M14MCS030710012.jpg

Cherokee

Single-Sixer
I have no expereience with the AR in 308 but I have had my M1A since Springfield started making them, and the M14 was my rifle in the Army. I like wood and steel. I like the way the M1A shoots. As I get older, it does seem heavier but its power has not deminished and that is why I keep it.

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
I was interested in a .308 AR but I figured since I already had the M1A that it would be more cost-effective to convert it. I chose the Troy MCS because it doesn't alter the M1A in any way and it can be converted back in about an hour. I shot it Friday (50 yds.) to get the scope set up and it looks good so far. My club only has a 100 yd. range so that will have to do for "long range" but this rifle should keep the zombies away. :mrgreen:

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
Should do the job, if you got enough Silvertip bullets. :wink: No, wait, those are for werewolves, right? Seriously, have you seen any of the nighttime hog hunting videos like from Texas or Georgia? Go to Youtube and do a search for "thermal hog". These guys have thermal imaging equipment and starlight scopes mounted on what appear to be AR-10s, they are doing some serious hog slaying in areas where the feral hogs are an extreme nuisance and doing terrible damage to farmer's crops.

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
6GUNSONLY":16knh5yl said:
Should do the job, if you got enough Silvertip bullets. :wink: No, wait, those are for werewolves, right? Seriously, have you seen any of the nighttime hog hunting videos like from Texas or Georgia? Go to Youtube and do a search for "thermal hog". These guys have thermal imaging equipment and starlight scopes mounted on what appear to be AR-10s, they are doing some serious hog slaying in areas where the feral hogs are an extreme nuisance and doing terrible damage to farmer's crops.

I have seen some online pics of some of the feral hog hunting going on down South. There's not much chance to do that here in Central Indiana. :mrgreen: