Heads up for cheap 77/22's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wolfee

Blackhawk
If you have an interest in the 77/22LR synthetic with BLUED metal, they are showing "on sale" at Davidsons. I clicked thru for a quote from my local Davidson's dealer and he offers them at $426 + 9.95 background check. Ruger MSRP on these is well north of $800 now and this is almost a 50% discount. It is more than $200 cheaper than what they are selling the cataloged versions at.

I see they have a lot of the same rifle in Mag as well. If you are patient I bet they show up on sale in a month or two. Note that item 7039 is not correctly described. It is actually an 18.5 inch barrel. I bought one a couple of years ago and just love it. VERY accurate (right out of the box, zero mods) and no velocity loss compared to the 20 inchers. Item 7041 shows at 20 inch, and I assume that is correct.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Smoking deal for sure, I checked out my local Davidson's dealers, best list $399.99+shipping+tax so $444 OTD. Must keep telling myself that I have no need for one.

wolfee

Blackhawk
Mine is threaded to the receiver. I don't think there has been any v-block rotary bolts made for more than 2 years now.

falrifles

Bearcat
I just bought one yesterday at the Davidson's Gun Genie website. There are now only four left there. Get one while you can. He who hesitates is either lost or has an inflated credit card balance......

Can't wait to shoot it along side my CZ 455.

wolfee

Blackhawk
falrifles, looks like they reloaded. Showing "99" now. And 99 doesn't mean 99. It means "too many to tell you". But, even if they got a whole bloody trainload, they sell all they can get quickly when they mark them down this far. Wonder if this isn't the end of 77/22 as they focus on the new, efficient-to-build RAR. Hope not.

falrifles

Bearcat
I just checked at the Davidson's web site and confirmed what you said. I think you're right. It looks like they are clearing them out. Oh well. Why don't they clear out the guns with the walnut stocks? How about the stainless versions? I guess they are still selling well.

The gun I bought seems like a really nice rifle and a really good "tool" type .22. It will take trigger work to really make it shoot to it's potential however.

I have $650. invested in mine including the Leupold 2x7x rim fire special scope. I have a feeling it will be a $750. gun when the trigger is fixed.

falrifles

Bearcat
Update on my new 77/22. I ordered the Volquartsen target sear from Brownells. Very easy to install. Instructional videos shown on You Tube. Gun is very accurate. Cloverleafs at 25 and 50 yds. I did not shoot it prior to the installation of the sear. Trigger pull was very heavy out of the box. So heavy I thought the safety was on. So for $700. I have an accurate scoped premium grade .22 rifle.

Checked Davidson's. No longer on sale. This gun will stay in my family. Its a keeper.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Found these by accident. Came real close to ordering one over the weekend as a project gun and talked myself out of it. My CZ452FS will have to do until I decide to get a Cooper.