Hawkeye Ultralight 6.5 Creemoor - made in 2022?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mccollam

Bearcat
Hi all. Long time Ruger M77 owner (have four since my first one in the early 90's).

Anyway I have seen a ton of Hawkeye Ultralights in 6.5 Creedmoor show up on gunbroker, etc. these days, with a 20" barrel and a black composite stock and SS barrel. Many of the listings say "new" and they have 10+ for sale sometimes. Looks like my .270, only shorter, that I bought in 2004. Anyhow, this is curious to me, and on one "for sale" site they had a serial number, which I looked up on Ruger.com. It said something like "special manufacture" but made in 2022.

Anybody know anything about these? Really piqued my interest, as I thought the reliable composite/stainless Hawkeyes were long gone.

Thank you.

hittman

Staff member
You check Ruger's web site?
They have a BUNCH of Hawkeye rifles listed …. Some are that caliber too.

Welcome to the forum. (y)

mccollam

Bearcat
Thank you. Lots of good information on this forum appreciate you all keeping it up.

I did look at their website, and did not see this particular model, so I assumed it was just "new old stock" or something like that on the web sites listing them for sale. But the fact they had so many for sale made me wonder.

The model number listed on gunbroker etc. is 57131 which is a relatively "new" model number compared to what's on ruger.com now.

Thank you again.

mccollam

Bearcat
Found the answer from Ruger customer service. Cut and pasted below.

Original request:
Hello, I've been seeing many Ruger Hawkeye Ultralights with a composite stock and 20" Stainless Barrel show up in 6.5 Creedmoor on third party websites for sale lately, with many listings having multiple units for sale. The item number is 57131. Can you provide any information on this? Is Ruger bringing back a Hawkeye with composite scope and stainless barrel? Thank you.

Thank you for contacting Ruger Customer Service.
Your Customer Service Issue # is 10342044

We are only producing a short run of these models so they will not be listed on our website. They do have the 5R rifling. Currently there is no plan to offer any with iron sights.

Ruger Customer Service

Since I got this response I've seen many other calibers showing up on gunbroker.com, such as .308 and .243.

Anyway FYI - might be a good addition to any M77/Hawkeye addicts out there.