Hawkeye serial numbers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

street

Hunter
Coogs said:
Thanks, Splitz. I too, can only remember so much! I do remember one hell of a display of Hawkeye's, back in the day, by a gentleman called Clair Ellsberry. (spell?) He displayed a mount, as well as the pic of the mount on the cover of a period gun mag, ('62-'63) that if I remember correctly, had some type of arched spring "clips" that rolled around the back of the rear sight. I believe it was some type of prototype and may never have been into production. there again, what do I remember? that was about '84 or 86'. Coogs.

Yes! I remember those guns. It was at Monroeville PA gun show that I saw them. He had a whole table full of those Hawkeyes. I also remember seeing a collection of New Model Rugers on display. Even though they were "New Models" that collection was one hell of a collection. Gee! Do you remember who had those? :wink: :lol: :lol:

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Coogs said:
Thanks, Splitz. I too, can only remember so much! I do remember one hell of a display of Hawkeye's, back in the day, by a gentleman called Clair Ellsberry. (spell?) He displayed a mount, as well as the pic of the mount on the cover of a period gun mag, ('62-'63) that if I remember correctly, had some type of arched spring "clips" that rolled around the back of the rear sight. I believe it was some type of prototype and may never have been into production. there again, what do I remember? that was about '84 or 86'. Coogs.

When "we" discussed this subject(could not find in RF search!), back when, I think WMG noted that setup and posted a picture of a Firearms magazine of the period with a cover pictur of That mount......... 8)

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
HAWKEYE#28 said:
:D SN 85 & 86; 28(Of Course); and a few others:
314/315
491/492
728(G&H 22 Hornet 10" w/Conetrol mts. w/Burris 2X)l
1752/1753
8)SN 1839 S(one of ten S's) :wink:
ALL WITH BOXES(VERY FEW SLEEVES)
BTW, someone needs to ask The Fellow in the greater Phoenix arena who reportedly has some eighty or more of these rare birds........... :shock: :)
A fellow stalwart will invite this collector to join us 8) :D

akhooters7

Single-Sixer
2809 here. picked it up today...... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

IMAG0353.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
ndruger said:
Chet, my hawkeye 1093 has the spring loaded breech block stop pin.

Thanks Jerry. That's the first I've heard of over #1000 with the spring loaded pin.
Does it have the Micro or non-Micro sight? Alloy or steel housing?
Chet15

americal

Hunter
803--lives in Alabama NIB--a friends--found in Huntsville, Al. bought from the 1st. owner for 400.00 in the 1980,s his box cost him 500.00 :) last year------------------

chet15

Hawkeye
americal said:
803--lives in Alabama NIB--a friends--found in Huntsville, Al. bought from the 1st. owner for 400.00 in the 1980,s his box cost him 500.00 :) last year------------------

804 used to be owned by RF's street. Or maybe he still has it?
Chet15

street

Hunter
chet15 said:
americal said:

804 used to be owned by RF's street. Or maybe he still has it?
Chet15

No I don't still have it. I sold both of my Hawkeyes at the Roanoke Va. gun show to the same person some 3 years ago. A few months after that I saw both of them listed on the Gun List.

Back in the 80s I was at the Houston gun show and I found the mate to it. I can't remember if it was 803 or 805. It was in about 85% to 90% and the person wanted full retail price for a mint gun. So I passed on it.

warbird1975

Single-Sixer
akhooters7, you are 100% correct, it does not fit. When I bought the hawkeye the scope mount was included and I just assumed that it would work, I never tried to mount it or even see if it would work. I saw your post and tried it, and I cannot see a way to make it work. Sorry if my poor information caused you to go and buy a similar mount thinking that it would work. If that is the case I will be happy to re-emburse any money that you are out. Please let me know, thanks, Mike.

akhooters7

Single-Sixer
no worries, i will just put it back on ebay..... or the want ads here... says it will fit on a BH, SBH or SUPER SS

this mount , to me... looks to have been the cause of top strap drilling in the past.

it looks like if you will remove the micro sight it would fit there, but would only attach by one screw.

in the pic below... the mount on the left is what came with my Hawkeye. It is a 2 piece but fits on the barell.

What else will fit / is correct ???
IMAG0368.jpg

akhooters7

Single-Sixer
HAWKEYE#28 said:
The Bushnell 76-2928 will work in the factory tapped barrel holes, as I recall we discussed earlier........check out the Bushnell description in the pix....... 8) .

but is there a one pc ?

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Only that of the one pc. base, usually marked HAWKEYE, and Particular to the Hawkeye single shot......Friend RugerGuy notes in earlier conversations that he and associates were known to custom fit Weaver base applications to the factory drilled holes, allowing the use of Weaver rings on purely round scopes. He may wish to comment.......... 8)

Latest posts