Hawkeye Autism Charity Match 2014 pics

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Here are pics of 6 of the 7 stages with competitors in them. I missed stage 4 somehow,,, but we'll be having links to pics on our club website. It'll take a few days to get it all done.
Enjoy!

Stage 1 "I have nothing to lean on!"
Tight shots, with 2 steel poppers, (one was very tight resulting in a lot of barrel hits,) & several angles to deal with. Morning sun caused a lot of misses with gun smoke obscuring the targets.

Stage 2 "Back against the wall." You started with your back against the wall, arms crossed & then tried to hit targets that were a bit tricky in how 2 of them were overlayed one on another. Many missed shots here when the sun created shadows.

Stage 3 "Am I seeing double?" Lots of doubled up targets, plus a tricky shot through a hanging steel square, a hole in it to hit a plate behind it. Add in a steel popper that activated a drop out & disappearing target made a lot of shooters use different strategies here.

Stage 4, (No pics yet,) was "The Hexagon" where we had 18 targets, a hexagon shooting area, lots of movement, where you finished shooting 2 targets while prone, through a ground port.

Stage 5 "Somebody likes Virginia." A Virginia count, (means you can not fire any more rounds than the required number without a penalty) stage where you started with arms straight out, back to the targets, turned, shot 4 targets freestyle, mandatory reload, then re-engaged them, 2 rounds each, strong hand only. Sneaky ways to miss.

Stage 6 "Pay attention to the,,,,!" This stage had targets hidden a bit, and you could easily forget where one or more were at or shoot the same ones twice while leaving others unshot. Made people think a bit.

Stage 7 "Like fish in a barrel!" A seemingly straight forward stage, yet, it too was a Virginia Count stage with 2 of the targets being head shots only. Unfortunately for a lot of shooters, the no-shoot targets right in front of the tight shots, cost them a lot of penalties. Misses & no-shoots bit a lot of folks here. Plus, you were squatting, shooting through a swingable small barrel port. You had to move the port and shoot. Tougher than many would think.

contender

Ruger Guru
Now Matt,,, I'm not the guilty party in stage designs. I have a fine match director for the evil stuff. :D
He thought he'd get a bunch of us good with the swinging steel plate with a hole to shoot through. He did,,, but NOT ME! I put my first shot right through the hole & took down the plate.

The match results are in & I won my category. (Not hard to do as there were only a few in my category.) But,, I was pleased to see I placed 32nd out of 84 shooters when all scores were combined. That means that I placed pretty good with my Limited 10 category gun against race guns, (Open) Limited, & all others. Made me smile.

Latest posts