Having trouble getting a P95 back together!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cplane

Bearcat
My nephew just received a new P95. He and my brother brought it over and we put about 75 rds. thru it. Very nice pistol for the price. Very accurate too. I decided it would be a good idea to field strip it and show my nephew how to clean it and what to look for if it had any odd wearing of the slide. To make a long story short, I read the manual, disassembled the slide and removed the barrel and spring assembly. While I was re-assembling it, I re-intalled the slide assembly and it locked up halfway to the rear! I can not remove it or get it to slide in either direction. I did manage to get the slide lock lever reinstalled without using force, But it will not slide forward . I may not have pushed the extractor down when I reinstalled the slide. I can't get the slide far enough to the rear to expose the extrator so that I can push it down. Looking in the magwell with a flashlight, I can see the extractor laying flat against the top of the slide. Anyone here have a good tip on what to do? I know I'm going to look like an idiot if we have to go back to the shop where it was purchased! I have a 1911 that I can filed strip and a Glock, But this Ruger is about to whip me! It's hung halway open and not budging! Thanks for any help!

A

Anonymous

*It's not the extractor your having problems with it's the ejector!
To reach the EJECTOR..........
Drop the mag out.
Reach up into the bottom of the mag well with something like a dental pick (anything with a small hook on the end) and pull the ejector down.

you should be OK after that.
8)

cplane

Bearcat
Thanks for the reply. I actually used a dental pick that had a bent hook end, But I never could get the "Ejector" to stay down when I pulled it downward. I was worried I might break something, and so I didn't want to force it. I wanted to get a second opinion here first. Looks like that would be the most likely problem. My brother took it back to the shop yesterday and they were going to have their smith look at it. I'll post back the results when I here them. Thanks for your time!

cplane

Bearcat
Well, It turned out to be the ejector was not down when I put the slide back on. The gun shop smith pulled it down and was able to get it back together again. I was on the right track, But I didn't want to chance breaking anything. Thanks B.Thomas for your reply.