Have to share this Brady stat I found amazing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TinkerDave

Single-Sixer
So he did all the scoring all by himself with no one blocking for him or otherwise helping make things happen. Wow, what a super man he must be. Are you his press agent? TD

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
TitanX...the naysayers will always be quick to point out what they perceive are deficiencies in your post, often because they just don't like the Patriots and/or Tom Brady, even though every QB in the league is measured by the same stats.
Of course the rest of the team is needed, but the way it works is only the QB gets credits for a win in his individual stats.
Tom Brady is, without doubt, the most accomplished QB in history. The stat you quote here is just one more reason why, imo, he is also the greatest of all time.
Go Patriots, and TB12. :)

turd

Blackhawk
I'm not a Tom Brady fan, nor a Patriots fan, but I will call a spade a spade. I don't need to say much, tho, 'cause you guys pretty much described it.

I think Tom Brady may well be the best ever. I'm old enough that I remember when Joe Montana was
the best ever. I remember when Joe Namath was the best ever. :mrgreen:

gtxmonte

Buckeye
With the defensive rules being what they are now, which is heavily slanted towards the offense, you simply can't compare QBs from different eras. If you think QBs such as Bradshaw, Montana, Fouts, Kelly, Marino and several others would not really light it up now given the rules...........well, you would probably be wrong.

Brady is no doubt ONE of the best ever and the Patriots have been to 6 Super bowls and have 4 wins in his era............but to be honest, they should not have even been in the first one in 2001......."Tuck Rule" anyone. And in that Superbowl they only scored 1 offensive touchdown. The rest came courtesy of the defense and Adam Vinateri. The kicker also won the game for them in the next two and they won both by 3, which were fairly low scoring affairs with the premium on the Patriots stellar defenses. The latest win came likely because of the biggest bonehead offensive call in the history of the Superbowl by Pete Carroll...........So while they HAVE won 4 Super Bowls, they have not been a juggernaut and blown everybody out, plus they have been a little lucky.

The year they WERE an offensive juggernaut, with Randy Moss and undefeated going in.......the Giants defense shut them completely down, holding them to 17 points and 274 total yards.

It drives me CRAZY, when people only rate QBs as good or great, depending on strictly Super Bowl wins. Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl......does that make him a greater QB than Dan Marino, Jim Kelley or Dan Fouts........To me one of the biggest shames, is that Peyton Manning was saddled with less than mediocre defenses all those years in Indy. How many Super Bowls might he have won, had HE been the QB in Foxboro. More, less, who knows........but to me, both he and Aaron Rodgers are(or were in Peytons case) much better pure passers of the ball than Brady

Patriot FANS will label me a Patriots or Brady "hater" and that is far from the truth. I neither like nor hate the Pats. I have no vested interest either way. In fact I really have no vested interest, nor am I a FAN per say of ANY team in particular. I just like football in general and enjoy watching the games and seeing it played well.............So while I think Brady is great........"best ever"........not to me. Probably top 5 though

powder smoke

Hawkeye
Luck has as much to do with things as skill. Every team has luck sometimes good sometimes bad.
It is part of the game! What makes a team great is winning consistently and working thru adversity.
Belichick may be the best coach ever. He takes a group average players that other teams have cut
and motivates and teaches the results are hard to dispute. His players tow the line they are there
for football not product endorsements, as seen with other teams.

All summed up Brady- Belechick may probably the winning est combination Ever. ps

SAJohn

Hunter
The 1985 Chicago Bears proved that not only do you not need a great quarterback, you don't even need an offensive team. Their defensive team scored more points in most of their games than did their opponent teams.

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
The '85 Bears could not exist today. The league made a conscious effort to become an offensive league. They shifted rule dynamics to favor the offense and protect the players. As much as I enjoy a hard hitting, defensive team - offense sells - and the league figured that out quickly

To the 20 million dollar QB comment. That's the "false market" of the NFL. Guys wanted paid that number because that's what "franchise QB's" get. Except because of how contracts are structured, very few are actually paid that amount or will ever see it. Many high priced players end up getting cut and only seeing the guaranteed portion of that salary, which is usually no more than 2/3 the "sticker price". The first QB to break the 100 million dollar range of paid money was actually Ben Roethlisberger, because he stayed the length of his first big contract and met many of the "performance bonuses" to get more non-guaranteed money. The more money a player gets, especially a non QB, they less chance they will stay with the team the length of the contract.

gtxmonte

Buckeye
TitanX..............exactly which game were you watching that the Patriots DOMINATED the Seahawks. They were tied at halftime, the Seahawks were ahead entering the fourth quarter and total yards between the teams were within 20, total first downs within 5. Hardly a domination. And when exactly was "garbage time", as the Pats didn't get the go ahead score until 2:02 remained in the game. Guess I missed garbage time

gtxmonte

Buckeye
Spoken like a true Pats fan.........The throw to Kearse was a lucky catch no doubt, but it was also on first down and we obviously don't know what would have happened if he dropped it, as they had more downs. And as I said, the Pats didn't take the lead until the 2 minute warning. The Seahawks got the ball back and marched right down the field. The throw to Kearse was a 30 yarder, but they had just gotten two 20+ yards gains as well.

As I said earlier, I am neither a Pats hater, nor a Pats lover. No Seahawks fan either. I could really have cared less who won, so I like to think I watch the game more objectively than most. When total yards, first downs and time of possession are a near wash, I have a hard time seeing any team DOMINATED the other.

And since you bring up analysts..............all those same analysts also said Carrolls call was the most bonehead call they had ever seen.......Again, nobody KNOWS what would have happened, but Lynch from the one with a couple cracks to get it in.............I sure wouldn't have bet against it.