Has Ruger Released Many Repaired Speed-Sixes Lately?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

One of the shops had a pile of repaired Speed-Sixes at the last gun show. They were all LNIB with shippers. Some were 4" and some 2 3/4". Most were 38 only, but a couple of the 4" guns were 357. They had written on the shippers what was wrong with them. My shipper said .009" cylinder gap. I doubt that it now has more than .003 or .004". Have any of you seen a bunch of these lately? I have watched Gunbroker and am not seeing these show up. I was just wondering if it was a large quantity of guns that they reworked and sold off. They were priced at $299 take your pick. I wish that I had gotten there on Saturday insted of Sunday because they had sold out of the 357 snubbies. Oh well, my 38 snubbie will take +P's till the cows come home. I have to admit that this reworked revolver locks up tighter than any new one I have bought recently.

Mike

chet15

Hawkeye
I haven't seen these, but would not be surprised if Ruger got in a big trade in and sold them through CDNN or something. I think they did the same thing with the french contract SP101's with lanyard ring a few years back.
Chet15

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I want to say that J&G or one of those type of sellers had a lot of them not too long ago.

All of the ones that they had were as new. I don't believe that they were traded in since they had original boxes and shippers. They look like they may have failed inspection at one time and were warehoused. Very curious.

Mike

MikeJinVT":2cjub0m0 said:
All of the ones that they had were as new. I don't believe that they were traded in since they had original boxes and shippers. They look like they may have failed inspection at one time and were warehoused. Very curious.

Mike

I just contacted the shop. The man said they purchased 300 from the Ruger vault and have sold all of them. He may have one left, just for me......... :D

Dave

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Been working too much lately and wasn't able to make the Barre show. Is that where you saw them?

I think I know which shop you are refering to - was it a place on Rt 2 in Washington county? The owner got into a batch of -Six series DA's late last year and called me up, I bought nine of the most interesting ones last November. Yes, he did have quite a few GS-82 stainless Speed Sixes with ".009 Bbl Gap" written on the shippers in red marker. I bought the only GS-82 without that notation on the shipper. These were mostly high prefix guns but there were a few early gems like the factory high-polish low back GA-32 and a factory second low back GA-34 that was originally a demo gun for the LEAA. Most were packaged in yellow/black boxes, over half had shippers, all had modern orange barcode labels. The Western Australia Police GS-32 Speed Six with RDA-32 label also came from that load. And a consec pair of GS-84H Speed Sixes and a consec pair of GS-32 Speed Sixes, one of which was shipped with square butt Target grips! And a Liberty GA-36.

But unless he got more in since the inital load last October, it was not three hundred guns but more like three dozen. I looked at them all and saw that one (of 3) whole crate (cardboard box of 12) was full of GS-82's with the bbl gap notation on the shippers. I got the owner to photocopy the invoice for me and also tooks pics of all the boxed guns in the 3 crates.

chet15 - you do know about these! But the data may have been lost when your computer crashed - let me know if you need the details again.

GS32-159-75030_WA-POLICE.jpg

GA32-150-55384-High-Polish.jpg

Terry T

Buckeye
I MUST expand my networking - "Weaselmeatgravy" what a score! What an opportunity! :shock:
Terry T