Has Ruger already resolved the Peening problem with the SR9?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ConradM

Blackhawk
ArmedinAZ":2g7uc3iz said:
ConradM":2g7uc3iz said:
ArmedinAZ":2g7uc3iz said:
Agree with both Josh and Conrad that there's no way to know if or how big a problem the peening is. Thing is, as I stated in another thread, I snooped around a fair number of other make enthusiast forums and didn't see close to the number of "this gun sucks" posts about any other make or model. Would seem that if there were similar problems happening there would be a like number of unhappy owners..and there just aren't. Interestingly I asked about the Mosquito .22 on the Sig forum and got some "don't buy one" answers from a few members who had one. Not enough Sig KoolAid I guess. :roll: It might be fair to say the SR9 has had more than it's fair share of problems don't you think?

What other forums did you snoop around on? Were any of them in relation to a new design? XDm's don't count...

All major brands that I could find an owner's forum for: Glock, S&W, S/A, CZ, STI, Sig, couple other smaller brands. None had the amount of negative chatter about any other pistol that exists here about the SR9. You're convinced that the SR9 is without notable problems and the posts spelling out these various problems are disproportionate. I can't find comparable evidence elsewhere. If you're contending that all new pistol designs have a host of problems that the initial owners have to bear until the design flaws and/or QC problems are solved I can't comment, I haven't been involved with pistols for a long enough time.

Again, I like my SR9. It isn't peening or chewing the guide rod up, the trigger smoothed out and lightened up with some help, it shoots pretty well and the grip is nice. Admitting that the pistol has some problems isn't being disloyal.

That's all I was trying to say... I don't know of any other brand new pistols on the market.