Has anyone used this ammo?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was thinking of getting a conversion cylinder for my Uberti 1858 Remington and was wondering if this ammo would be what I would need?
http://www.buffaloarms.com/.42_.45_caliber_black_powder_ammunition_pr-4443.aspx?CAT=4443

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
There used to be several black powder cartridge manufactures like Ultramax and Goex but they are hard to find now. I did a search and found the same site you did. Why don't you load your own? Can't be that hard. :D

Jimbo357mag said:
There used to be several black powder cartridge manufactures like Ultramax and Goex but they are hard to find now. I did a search and found the same site you did. Why don't you load your own? Can't be that hard. :D
I honestly do not shoot that much anymore, due to health issues, to go to the expense to reload. The indoor range closest to me doesn't allow any black powder of any kind so I am relegated to the outdoor range twenty miles away. I get there so seldom I just was looking for a little fun shooting once in a while.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I think any 'cowboy' ammo would work fine in that cylinder and gun without having to use black powder. With black powder you will have to clean the gun right away. ...that is unless you want the smoke and the extra work.:D