has.anyone.bought.NEW.4K.TV

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wizofwas

Buckeye
IIRC, some one said that his space bar doesn't work so he uses periods as spaces. And I don't know why anybody would pay 4K for a TV. At least that's the only way his question makes any sense.

pisgah

Buckeye
When flatscreen HD TVs first came out I entertained myself one day by letting a young guy at Best Buy give me his breathless 30-minute sales pitch, sure he was about to make a big sale. When he finished, I said to him, "Just one question before I close this deal -- will I need a new set of rabbit ears to go with it?"

That TV was priced at $4500. 18 months later, the same TV was $450...

prairieviper

Single-Sixer
Yes, our old television finally bit the dust after 17 years so we purchased a new one this year. We decided on a 55 inch, Vizio 4K or as some call it, Ultra HD. Right now, the only real benefits from 4K are mainly from sources such as Netflex (which we don't use) since there is not a lot of 4K content out there at the moment. 4K still some advantages and 4K content will likely become more available in the future. Besides, we had to buy a new tv anyway. The link below discusses 4k at length.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/4k-tv-10-reasons-why-you-should-care

bogus bill

Hunter
The last time I went home I visited a old aunt and uncle. Frank was telling how he wanted a new TV but thought if he waited a couple more years the price would come down. Aunt Liz broke in and said,"Frank, your already over 90 years old. How long do ya think yer gonna live?

graygun

Hunter
A lot of broadcast tv is not even in 1080i. My 1080p tv only displays that when I'm watching a Blu Ray dvd.

I've seen 4K at Costco,fed from some special source. Why not get a 1080p TV and save $$$$$ ?

Bud0505

Single-Sixer
A couple of years ago 3D was all the rage...other than dvds whose broadcasting in 3D or 4k?

exavid

Hunter
I'll be in the market this fall for a new TV. Our current eight year old HD Sony is having problems. I plan on going after a 60-65" set with 4k resolution, 3D (for the grandkids). Needs to be a smart TV to work with my computer and the internet. Last year what I wanted was running around 2500+. Now the same thing is starting to show up below 1400. The current Sony takes about half an hour between turning it on and getting a normal looking picture. Might be repairable but I want 4K for sure.

toyhunt

Single-Sixer
UHD,4K the display in stores is that, display, from supplied maker to show it off.. Nothing on tv in 4k, very few on Netflix/amazon. Huge price drop next yr. Wait, if you can. Was getting interested but after reading unbiased reviews ,have decided to wait, a long time.

I'm not sure if they are 4k TV's or not but at Best Buy a couple weeks ago they had some TV's with a curved screen. I'm not sure what the point was. It was a pretty dramatic curve.

Edit. Never mnd I just looked on Amazon. It is the 4k. But others are right. Noone is broadcasting in 4k. Even if they are you... are very doubtfully receiving 4k through your cable provider.

As mentioned a new keyboard seems to be a more judicious purchase. :D

exavid

Hunter
The idea of the curved screen is to have a wider viewing angle, brighter picture for people sitting at an angle to the set. I looked at one pretty closely and really don't see much difference. One downside is that it sticks out from the wall a lot further.
A lot of the 4k TVs can process the 1080 input to a higher definition. Not quite as good as a true 4k picture but sharper than a 1080.

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
Ok , I'll be the Luddite. What's this "4K" stuff ?

Since we have satalite , don't need the digital stuff , and have been using the pre digital TV's that my friends otherwise would have thrown out.

wizofwas

Buckeye
Biggfoot44 said:
Ok , I'll be the Luddite. What's this "4K" stuff ?

Since we have satalite , don't need the digital stuff , and have been using the pre digital TV's that my friends otherwise would have thrown out.
Think of it as 4 times the pixels in the same space as the 1080 TV. So it will give you a much sharper picture. The problem with the 4X TV is that at the moment, no one is broadcasting at 4x and it seems that the only way to get it is off of some of the internet stuff like Netflix and even then the content is limited. And another problem with it is that, from what I read anyway, you really need a 65" or bigger TV to really see the difference. I don't know about you, but I don't really have the room for a TV that big and I don't really want to spend the extra money for the broader bandwidth to watch it anyway. And the usual disclaimer, YMMV.

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
Well since said Sat internet doesn't offer unlimited data option , I guess the 4K is off the plate.

sliclee

Single-Sixer
Trying.to.find,keyboard,apple,alumin,keyboard,am.trying.in.space.I.have.2.other.laptops,this.one.was.my.daughters.I,cant.get.rid.of.it,yet.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
sliclee said:
Trying.to.find,keyboard,apple,alumin,keyboard,am.trying.in.space.I.have.2.other.laptops,this.one.was.my.daughters.I,cant.get.rid.of.it,yet.
Dude.

http://www.apple.com/keyboard/

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MB110LL/B/apple-keyboard-with-numeric-keypad-english-usa

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Aluminum-Wired-Keyboard-MB110LL/dp/B000V07N9U