Harvey Deprimer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've used a Harvey Deprimer for a few years now. I still like to de-prime cases before cleaning. I've started to realize more and more, the more time I put into preparing cases for reloading, the better the reloads will be. I think there's a tongue twister in there somewhere....

Anyhow, I broke the punch pin on my Harvey Deprimer, it was my fault, and in replacing the pin with another, I lost the tiny set screw. It's black and currently somewhere under my reloading bench. Again, my fault.

I called Harvey Deprimer, to find out what size is the set screw, I left a message, and they called right back. They are going to send me another screw! I know it isn't a big deal, as it's just a tiny set screw, but it's nice they take the time to deal with customers on a personal basis.

I ended up ordering another tool and some extra pins. :D

I remember I had trouble with my first depriming tool, and I broke two of the punch pins in the first few minutes. I sent a polite letter to them and they replaced the pins and then called later to see how everything was going.

Pretty nice follow up in my opinion.

jgt

Buckeye
I have some rooms in my house with linoleum on the floor. The design on the floor make it nearly impossible to find things like screws when dropped on them. I have found if I use a flash light and shine it across the floor from down low it reveals the invisible objects hidden in the design. I have also learned these objects travel a lot further than I would have imagined. Hope this helps.

And it's Wednesday. The Harvey Deprimer I ordered Monday afternoon arrived in the mail today.

Along with a few extra set screws. Awesome!

Oh and yes, thanks for the idea of the flashlight. I'm not sure why I didn't think of it. I did find the original lost set screw....

So all is right with the world. :D