Harton Single Six 357

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Aeroscout9

Single-Sixer
Man I bet that starts to get to be a handful with some 180s if they can fit. Impressive 6gun!

Joe S.

Hunter
Thanks yall. Havent worked up to 180s but the 158 gr "Ruger only" loads are quite pleasant. I mean, 357 only does so much.

Did the frame "window" have to be enlarged? I've seen .38 Special conversions for years (mainly 5-shot, I think) and wondered if the SS frame window is a little too short for .357s with long bullets.

This gun makes a LOT more sense to me than many of the current "micro" .357s. It's probably actually controllable and pleasant enough to shoot for extended sessions that you could get to be good friends with it!

Joe S.

Hunter
Yes the cylinder is a good bit larger and longer. I'll see if i can find pics somewhere and post them. It has been great so far. And it is very manageable.

I don't keep up with round count but i'm around 50 357s and couple hundred 38 Special. It is sighted in for the 110 gr Winchesters just cause that's what I had available when i got it home (we were building a house and living with my parents so most of my stuff was in storage). Once that box is gone i'll step up to my 158s.