Hard Side Case

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Vecco

Single-Sixer
I am looking for a hard side locking case that is 28 in long. I am getting tired for paying extra bag fees at the airport and want to break down my rifles and put them in a small hard sided case INSIDE my suit case. Has anyone seen cases around that size?

Trey Whitley

Single-Sixer
Here's what you need, a wheeled duffle that has a separate zippered compartment in the bottom with an airline-approved hard case (32, 36, and 44-inch lengths):
http://www.exploreproducts.com/kalispel ... 321404.htm

Short of that I don't know if TSA would let you go through their inspection process and then put the locked case inside another suitcase?

Cabela's used to make a less expensive one but I haven't seen them in awhile.

I travel for work all the time. The good news is that I never have to pay any baggage fees. The bad news is that I fly with a bunch of people who don't have that luxury, who therefore end up trying to carry on way more stuff than they should. The airlines need to wake up, realize all they have done is create another problem (including push-back delays while people try to stow their gear in tiny overhead compartments), and drop the bag fees.

Vecco

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the link and the info I will take a look

Trey Whitley":9zmjkx1e said:
I don't know if TSA would let you go through their inspection process and then put the locked case inside another suitcase?

I do it that way each month with pistols, so I dont think it would be any different.