Happy birthday

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pyth0n

Blackhawk
1663547645371.png

KIR

Single-Sixer
USAF 1961-1965 Lackland and Beale AFB. Lincoln, Chico and the Buttes Missile Sites.
Only time I officially flew in an AF flying machine was from Chico back to Beale in a chopper.
Carried and had to qualify as expert with both a 1911 ,45 and an M2 Carbine .30.
Got to fire a magazine's worth of .30-06 in a BAR
HIGHLIGHT: the filming of "A Gathering of Eagles" and watching a simulated ORI as eight B-52's took off under "war time conditions" in the movie from the tail end of the runway. They all fanned out immediately after taking off. Awesome sight.
So thank you for the memories AIR FORCE. Happy Birthday!

pyth0n

Blackhawk
USAF 1961-1965 Lackland and Beale AFB. Lincoln, Chico and the Buttes Missile Sites.
Only time I officially flew in an AF flying machine was from Chico back to Beale in a chopper.
Carried and had to qualify as expert with both a 1911 ,45 and an M2 Carbine .30.
Got to fire a magazine's worth of .30-06 in a BAR
HIGHLIGHT: the filming of "A Gathering of Eagles" and watching a simulated ORI as eight B-52's took off under "war time conditions" in the movie from the tail end of the runway. They all fanned out immediately after taking off. Awesome sight.
So thank you for the memories AIR FORCE. Happy Birthday!
I worked on the B-52H for 16 years then on to the B-1B. Gathering of Eagles only showed part of the MITO (minimum interval take off). KC-135's were in the mix also. Seem like each exercise an different sequence was tried. Bombers first, then next time tankers first, then 3 bombers 3 tankers. Take off end was called the Red Ball & departure end was the abort end. Red ball was if they needed maintenance before takeoff.

KIR

Single-Sixer
I worked on the B-52H for 16 years then on to the B-1B. Gathering of Eagles only showed part of the MITO (minimum interval take off). KC-135's were in the mix also. Seem like each exercise an different sequence was tried. Bombers first, then next time tankers first, then 3 bombers 3 tankers. Take off end was called the Red Ball & departure end was the abort end. Red ball was if they needed maintenance before takeoff.
If they filmed the KC-135's taking off as well, it must have been on another day.

pyth0n

Blackhawk
If they filmed the KC-135's taking off as well, it must have been on another day.
Could be they got to film it during a regular training launches not for an ORI. They did stuff like that then. In an ORI all ACFT fly, not just 8. on the same day, & within 15 seconds of each other.

1971-1997, stationed in many interesting places, some good, some not so good. Was a SAC trained killer (some will understand this ;) )for over half my career (around bombers, tankers and ICBMs), saw a lot of the northern part of the USA.

pyth0n

Blackhawk
1971-1997, stationed in many interesting places, some good, some not so good. Was a SAC trained killer (some will understand this ;) )for over half my career (around bombers, tankers and ICBMs), saw a lot of the northern part of the USA.
I was SACumcised for my entire career 70 - 91. (Hence my avitar) Only 2 bases, K.I. Sawyer (B-52H & Kc-135A) & Ellsworth (B-1B).

dstegjas

Bearcat
Served in the USAF from 1976 thru 1980. Was stationed at SAC headquarters Offutt AFB in Omaha Nebraska for three years. Then Osan AFB in Korea for my last year. I refueled anything that landed on the runway. The British Vulcan bomber‘s, KC135’s, F4’s and most everything in between.

I always volunteered for the air shows at Offutt. Refuel all the planes then park at the end of the hanger. Climb up on top of the truck and watch the show. It was the best seat in the house.