Hand me down MKI

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gizmo1964

Bearcat
I've always wanted any of the Ruger MK's and was given one recently from family. A bonus for me is its born on date is just like me, 1964! Cant wait to shoot it.

Attachments

• Uncle Chum.jpg
    Uncle Chum.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 92
I've always wanted any of the Ruger MK's and was given one recently from family. A bonus for me is its born on date is just like me, 1964! Cant wait to shoot it.
Congratulations… what a beauty!

My first pistol was an earlier RTS6. All Standards and Mark I's, with the occasional Mark II thrown in, have always been my favorites. :)

Gizmo1964

Bearcat
Well OK, so it older than me. I wont complain. Always thought I wanted a MKIV with a target barrel but I do love vintage guns so will enjoy this one.

the RST is the first of the Ruger 22 cal semi auto pistols, this was before the advent of the Mark series...the R meant Ruger and the ST meant "standard" and the first one in late 1949 were of the shorter 4 3/4 inch barrel length thus it was catalogged the RST-4, then they came out with the 6 inch barrel, so RST-6... in 1950's the Mark I was the "target" models with adjustable rear sights and the side of the receiver was marked "Mark I" . the RST;s were NOT rollmarked as such and were always RST's until 1982 when the Mark II came about and those were ALL "Mark II" no matter the sight set up.:cool:;)

Epoch

Bearcat
My RST-6 is one of my most accurate .22s. And if I'm honest, it actually outshoots both my K22 and my Single Six. Bet you are going to love putting more miles on that family gun. Congratulations on it becoming yours.

Simmonsburg

Single-Sixer
Never shot one before, OP you are a very lucky guy.
This beauty just fell on your lap.