Had My Personal Best Again Today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
I shot the December Steel Challenge Match with the Deer Tribe club in Phoenix, Az. today.  Not many people endured the cold weather, cold at least by Arizona standards.  We started with the temperature in the low 40 and it only made it up to 54 at the end of the match.

I lucked out.  After lots of ammo problems I still ended up beating my personal best by 3 full seconds.  Since getting out of my wheelchair a month ago I've done better each month.  

My biggest problem today was ammo related.  I was getting a lot of weak shots.  The ammo would just go puff instead of bang.  The RO stopped me 4 times thinking I had a squib but everything exited the gun.  This was CCI 36 grain Blazers.  It works perfectly in the heat but doesn't appear to like the cold.  Next month I'll go back to my Go-To 40 grain Blazers.  They always work.  I did test the new ammo indoors, didn't get a chance to shoot it outside but now I know to wait until it's warmer.  It was all I could find in the stores recently.

I would have had a real good match without having to rack the slide a few times during a number of strings.  I'm hyped up hoping I shoot as well next week with  better ammunition.

contender

Ruger Guru
Kudos!

I've had several GM shooters make the comment that; "Those with the fewest mistakes,,,, win,, and that includes with their equipment!"