Gunsmith Recommendation

Help Support Ruger Forum:

turd

Blackhawk
Not sure if this should be in the Lounge or not, so move it if not. I have only sent a firearm to a gunsmith once, many years ago to Mag Na Port. I would recommend Ken Kelly's work to anyone that needs porting, etc.

I'm considering some custom work to a NM Blackhawk and have been looking for the appropriate place. Does anyone here have experience with Clements Custom Guns? I want to have the barrel cut back, new crown, Fermin Garza sight mounted, cylinders honed, Bisley hammer and trigger added, lock work checked, 11 degree forcing crown, action smoothed, etc. I would like to have all this done by one place and this shop seems to be well able to do it all.

Does anyone here have experience with them? Thoughts, comments?

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Clements does first rate work, but I think he is winding down now and may not be accepting any new work. Still, wouldn't hurt to try!

Dave Clements/Doug Turnbull/CaryC .44 Special from old Three Screw Blackhawk .357 Magnum:

Bob Wright

turd

Blackhawk
Thanks, guys, good things to know. Clements isn't accepting any work right now, seems he's full up 'till 2022. I'm finding most everyone is way out there on custom work, so it becomes a decision on whether I'm willing to wait.

Latest posts