GunslicK lube info needed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Huey Rider

Bearcat
I tore down my P-89 and took a very fine honing stone and crocus cloth and deburred and polished all the trigger,sear and hammer compoents and adjacent frame areas.i then reassembled it and dry fired it @ 1300 times.I then disassembled it and found no signs of uneven rubbing.my question is:I have a tube of GunslicK(anhydrous graphitic) by Outer Labs and was thinking of applying a very minute dab on the bearing surfaces of the above mentioned parts.I got this stuff in a cleaning kit I got in H.S.(1960's) and never used it.I can't find any info at all on the net.Does anyone have any experience with this or should I just stick with Rem-Oil?
Any help or advice greatly appreicated. :)

J Miller

Blackhawk
I cannot live without a tube of Gunslick grease. The last tube I got was from Midway a year or so ago. It used to come in the little metal tube, but now it comes in a little white plastic tube.

I've use it on slide rails, bushings, internal revolver parts such as S&W rebound slides and Colt style bolt cams, lever action breach bolts, certain spring contact points, but never on sears. Sears I lightly ( very lightly ) coat with oil so they don't rust and leave them alone.

Joe

DGW1949

Hunter
As usual, Mr Miller is right.
Greasing sear edges is a no-no. In some guns, it can/will cause them to double fire, or worse. Now it might be that some folks do that and have never had a problem...but at best, it's like playing with a snake.

Just my .02 .

DGW

Huey Rider

Bearcat
Thanks.After some further research I learned as old as it was the the graghite porobably had seperated from the binding agent so I went with KG-10 Moly Dri-lube.