Gunshow oddity.....#1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I found a 130 prefix #1-V today at the show. It was definitely a varmint weight barrel with a crowned muzzle, 24".

Now it gets weird. It was chambered in 222 Rem. The "Rem" was all in caps and all the characters were in a slanted cursiv scroll style, about 3/16" high. It had a quarter rib on the barrel as opposed to target blocks. The barrel was marked in the larger character factory roll mark with no warning. It had a red butt pad stock with 3rd version pistol grip checkering.

Question, is this a put together rifle, special order, or what??? :? I am confused..........

Dave

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
It is definitely a "Put together" or "special order"; without more info or pictures, it is hard to offer an opinion as to which it is.
There was one of these like this, with a 4 digit serial#, that was auctioned on the Ruger Auction site a year or so ago.

The seller was asking $950 for this one. The wood was plain and a lot of bluing wear on the barrel. I guess I should have scribbled down the entire SN and contacted Ruger for more info....maybe I will see it at the next show.

Dave

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
Heliman":2ov8hr59 said:
....maybe I will see it at the next show.

Dave

I tend to doubt it. Put together or not, that gun is going to appeal to someone enough to lay down some cash, or trade a former "must-have" for it.