Guns that shoot poorly new and grow into good shooters.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
How many times has this happend to you. I have a SBH that shot like crap for the first 500 rounds or so. It has now grown into one of my better shooters. I also have a Hawkins rifle that used to shoot 12" groups at 50 yards and now shoots 2" groups with the same load.

Snake45

Hawkeye
My 77/22V .22LR shot horribly for the first thousand rounds or so, and then it seemed to magically settle down. It still won't shoot as well as my CZ 452 American (or even, for that matter, as well as my old Rem 581), but it's now hella better than it was and is now at least usable.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
I've owned a lot of guns in my life and few if any made significant improvement over time. Some leaded less with cast bullets, the triggers nearly always improved, but group size stays pretty much constant. Just not an effect that I've observed. Rodfac

nn

Single-Sixer
I havd a time getting used to the trigger of a Redhawk

jpickar

Blackhawk
You can call it a vision problem...... but I say it sucks!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
I now have the money to buy a good quality gun but don't have the physical capabilities to shoot as good as the gun can.

Bench rest is where I can still shoot well. Probally better than when I was young.....more experiance. 8)

VictimNoMore

Bearcat
Sig P238. Purchased it in December of 2009.

With each box of 50 rounds, it just keeps keep getting slightly better and better. Take it for what it's worth.

However...I can literally see the gun loosening up, working with more efficiency, with every 50 rounds I put through it.

It just keeps getting better, and that's all I can hope for from a firearm.

Snake45

Hawkeye
It's not at all uncommon for guns to start operating better after a few hundred rounds have gone through them. It's more rare for one to seem to get more accurate with extended use.

Lee Martin

Hunter
This Acusport 41 Magnum....

Acusport_41_Magnum.jpg

Wouldn't group at all with the original barrel and a wide variety of loads. I fire-lapped the hell out of it, recut the cone, and honed the throats. That didn't help much, so I re-barreled it with Pac Nor blank. Now it'll do an honest 1.5" - 2.0" @ 25 yards from the bench. Not world class, but much better than what it returned from the factory.

americal

Hunter
MY situation to I now shoot Ruger Charger with rifle scope :lol: :lol: lost in hand & eye ability-- but love to target with the Charger with Kidd .920 barrel :D :D