Gun Thief

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wwb

Hunter
Gun show today down in Milwaukee. Son and I were just leaving, after not finding anything noteworthy.

Here comes a fellow up the sidewalk with a black & yellow Ruger box under his arm. Before he even got to the door..... "Whatcha got in the box?"

"Ruger .22"

It was a late production (16 prefix) RST-6 in 98%+ condition, in a 6-7/8 Mark I box (go figure).

"Whatcha gotta get for it?"

"$125"

Normally, I'd haggle on the price, but I was so stunned I just forked over the moolah without a second thought. I really feel kinda guilty about it, since I practically stole it, but that will pass with time, I'm sure.

Anybody interested in a Black & Yellow 6-7/8 Mark I box? E-mail or PM and we'll work something out.

a matter of "timing" ...right placa at the right time...YOU got a deal...gave him what HE wanted....that is NOT "thievery" good fortune?? maybe...it was YOUR turn.....he got his money and YOU got a bargain.

Merry Christmas........................

A

Anonymous

Rugerguy":2axall40 said:
a matter of "timing" ...right place at the right time

You got that right - the guy sold what he needed to at the price he quoted without as much as having to go through the front door ... bet he was as tickled as you.

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
I know how you feel. I bought a S&W model 17-2 a few weeks ago for $200.00. It was the asking price. It took me several days to sleep well. But it cleared up when I got to the range.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Deals like that do happen. I don't make offers. I ask what the seller is wanting for a price and I either accept it or leave it. If it's that big of a deal (steal) I'll grab it and not feel bad. If the seller isn't aware or doesn't care, it's their error, not mine. Have taken advantage of seller mistakes a few times (all shops). I will not however make offers that are well below the value. I wouldn't want anyone screwing me, on a price, so I refuse to knowlingly do the same.
Best "steals" i've gotten... unconverted OM in 90% or so for $225 and a HK4 LNIB with the complete set of extra bbls also LNIB - a $1000 pkg that the shop mismarked at $450. :) They caught that error after it was too late. :)

DocGlock

Bearcat
I would get it checked out. It may be that HE was the gun thief and you may have just bought a hot one. Just a possiblilty.

wwb

Hunter
DocGlock":jteu7935 said:
I would get it checked out. It may be that HE was the gun thief and you may have just bought a hot one. Just a possiblilty.

55 to 60 year old guy - grey hair, neatly trimmed moustache, well-dressed..... could be, but not very likely.

By the way, contender already contacted me regarding the box... if we don't work something out, I'll re-post it in the classifieds, but it's pretty safe to consider it sold.

jimd441

Blackhawk
wwb,

Were you able to maintain composure or did you look like Quick-Draw-McGraw going for your wallet? :D

Jim

BlkHawk73

Hunter
wwb":1fi668qi said:
DocGlock":1fi668qi said:

55 to 60 year old guy - grey hair, neatly trimmed moustache, well-dressed..... could be, but not very likely.

Yes,could be but what's a gun thief look like? :wink:

Pinecone

Blackhawk
What's a gun thief look like? Someone wanting to sell you a very good gun cheap! When I was in business and somebody came in that I didn't know personally, wanting to sell me a gun, my pat answer was to tell him I would need to run a check on the gun with the local Sherrif's Department. More than one prospective gun seller beat it out the door never letting it hit them in the butt! I would run a check on that pistol just to keep myself "clean". Remember Adolph Hitler? He was always well dressed too!..........................Dick :wink: