Gun show, ROCS, OGCA, & FUN!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
This past weekend was the summer OGCA meeting/gun show in Ohio. ROCS, (Ruger Owners & Collectors Society) had a display show within the gun show.

For those who have brought up the old thread about collecting,, THIS was the kind of place you could go to learn a LOT about Ruger collecting. We even had one visitor who flew from California just to attend and learn. (I hope you had a good time Bob!!)

This year was a treat,, in that I can't recall seeing as many SINGLE-DIGIT Ruger guns at one time,, ever. And even the 2-digit guns were impressive.

ALL of the displays were great,, and a lot of time was spent teaching the attendees about our beloved Rugers. Many folks came, asked questions,, that usually started with; "I have the old Ruger,,,,,,! "
Or,, "What can you tell me about this Ruger,,,,,,,,,,,,?"
One gentleman stopped by, asked me about the "rare .357 Maximum." He said; "I've only seen one." I smiled,, calmly turned my head & said; "He Ron,, hand me your Maxi!"
At which, I proceeded to get a .357 Maxi from RoninPa,, and show the gentleman his second one,, AND educate him on them.

I'll be posting pictures later in the Gallery once I get all my other stuff done around here.

But it was a great show,, where we saw some good displays, and especially saw MANY good Rugers offered for sale.
Heck,, I saw a rare, unmarked Ruger No 1 rifle, mint condition, (sadly no box or rings,) in .357 Magnum walking around for sale. It was one of a few of the over-run production for a special gun done in 1984. Plus,, there were several other good deals to be found if you looked!

More later!

I was very unfortunately, unable to attend the July Meeting. I'm a life member of OGCA. I always look forward to the ROCS displays. You all do a great job of displaying, and a nicer bunch of people would be hard to find!

yes, sorry we were unable to attend either, but as for getting in to see the show, all it takes is for any current member to get you a "GUEST PASS" good for the entire weekend, best to get it ahead of time but can always do it the day of the show, go over to the guest services office.....great show to try and be able to attend, and when the pictures come up, see the awesome displays, good job ROCS and OGCA.......(y)

dstegjas

Bearcat
I’ve been a member for over 30 years now. I joined back when it was held at Vets Memorial In Columbus. I have always enjoyed the wide variety of guns and accessories you see there. Everyone is always willing to help answer any questions that you have. I’ve bought and sold a lot guns there over the years.

contender

Ruger Guru
"ogca admits whoever the H they want to! ogca doesn't honor old badges! No entry so I could find out how upgrade my membership! F'em!"

Diabloman, if you go to a show,, and enter the BUILDING,, they have a "Member/Guest" area you can go to to renew your membership or get a Guest pass. It's NOT hard to attend one of these shows as a guest,, as rugerguy has mentioned. You just have to go as a guest. It's NOT a show open to the public,, where just any Joe-Blow anti-gun, or media type can get in & cause issues.
OGCA, (Ohio Gun Collectors Association) puts on a REAL gun show. Not a bunch of flea market crap,, or heck,, very little of the "plastic fantastic' modern stuff you see at most shows.

You see older guns, antiques, with a moderate mix of some of the more modern stuff. I didn't see a show full of AR-15 vendors selling a crap load of black & tactical stuff. Yes,, there are a few vendors who carry some of this stuff but it's NOT a show full of the same old, same old stuff that saturates other gun shows.

I'll try & get pictures transferred from my camera to the computer shortly.

sceva

Single-Sixer
ogca admits whoever the H they want to! ogca doesn't honor old badges! No entry so I could find out how upgrade my membership! F'em!

Diabloman; I am sorry to hear you had an issue. Was your membership up to date; My badges have an insert with my name, member no and expiration date. You get a new insert with each re-newal. If you were not an active member; all you had to do was enter the lobby; go to guest / member services and ask how to reinstate it. I am sure they would have helped you.

speaking of the Old Vets Hall, here it is right after they cleared the property....compliment of a "friend" who is in asbestos remediation for the old property.............

xcytt97l.jpg

some 'BS' notion it was built on part of the "flood plain" of the Olentangy River , downtown Columbus ,Ohio.........hhhmmm
:cool::rolleyes:;)

Watertender

Bearcat
It was a great show and my ROCS display won in my division. I was also able to give over 100 veterans Challenge Coins in their branches of service. Looking forward to next year already