gun show find,,,repeat,,,New Year....and....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

back in Sept I had shown a picture of a new model Blackhawk in .30 carbine that was customized, rechambered to 32-20,,,,,well here we go, 3 months later, and I was brought another ,this time Old model BKH-31 that was made into a convertible, the spare cylinder , non fluted in 32-20,,,done by Andy Horvath over here in Ohio, so I had to get it...nice job too.......

GilCS4ml.jpg

and low and behold, a few minutes later another come home to roost, I owned this one many years ago, another OM BKH-31 in a 3 digit serial number..........

VQ9RUc4l.jpg

doesn't get much better than that....Merry Christmas 8) :roll: :wink:

well is does get better after a NEW years eve..........

L88QCMUl.jpg

....."and so it goes...." RIP Wil Terry and now 'Cherokee' , Dave S. from this forum :(

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Nice!
Those .30 carbine Blackhawks OM & NM both bring a pretty penny now days.
I remember when they were a tough sell, but the worm has turned. :) :wink:

Terry

yes, I was impressed that last one in Sept, guy saw it here and had to have it ,even with only the ONE "custom" 32-20 "smooth, unfluted" cylinder,, sold it that weekends show....... :wink:

well Contender you were right, dont leave them alone in the safe overnight, they can and do "mate" , the old 3 digit had a puppy and its now a "convertible...30 carbine, 32-20

p9xZPsKl.jpg

traded off the 'sire' and now have this one and only.......... 8) :roll: :wink:

Merry Christmas to all....... :)

contender

Ruger Guru
:D :D

Wish we could Dan,, wish we could. It's deer season here,,, and I'm still trying for another one to make sure we have our year's meat. (Working today uugghhh!)
But next year at OGCA,, that 30 cal could come over,, and then move south,,,!

Ah yes, "display time" now to add to the suspense how about we come up with the "matching" serial number Old Model another BKH-31 serial number, #50-00514
oh, be still my heart........ 8) :roll: :wink:

Merry Christmas..... :)

I did learn something as to how 'few' old model first year 30 carbine Blackhawks were made (thank you Chad & RENE)....so this covers BOTH 1968 as well as early 1969. Gee I should have paid attention when all you Blackhawk collectors 'spoke', or looked at the displays...(Some great ones by the way in all these years).......... 8) :roll: :wink:

Reminds me of when Don W had #9,10 and 11, and that got split up after he passed :(

Latest posts