Gun pictures needed for book 2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Well, finally was able to contact an individual who had a particularly rare Old Model Super Single-Six, but found out his entire revolver collection was sold to Lynn Laudise several years ago. Well, with Lynn now gone also, I've got a situation.

The gun in question was an old model Super Single-Six, 6-1/2" barrel, serial number 555430. This gun is the only one I know of that was shipped as model SC6M, .22 Mag. only, although the factory did say it was one of 15 SC6M on the list that was shipped to a distributor (and 1 of 25 ordered by the distributor). Anybody know who's got it today? And if not, does anybody know if Lynn's FFL was dropped after he passed away or did somebody carry it on? Please send a PM if anybody knows as I would really like to track that gun down for a pic.
My worry is, somebody probably didn't realize the significance of the gun and its probably being used as a snake shooter now and laying under a pickup seat.

Gun #2 I'm looking for is an RCA stag Bisley .32 Mag. with adjustable sights. Most of the RCA stag Bisleys had the drift adjustable rear sight, but 8 of the 182 made were the model RB-32A with adjustable sights and fluted cylinder. These last 8 were the last of the RCA shipments to fill out final orders.

Lastly, does anybody know where the factory "second" Super Single-Six went that was on an internet auction recently? It was #505266 and had a beautifully plum frame (the reason Ruger is believed to have plated a little over a hundred Super Single-Sixes from this time period).

Let me know!
Thanks for the help!
Chet15

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
Darn, Saw the plea for a sighted RCA Bisley 32. Have not looked at mine in years. So I ran and looked knowing I had one of the eight. Sorry I don't.
Charlie

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:D Hey Chet, I got your note on the RENE and just have not had the time to send a picture of the Crome SC6 with no INC. It is so nice I didn't believe the crome cylinder with the gun was not original...it has the numbers stamped out with x's and the matching #'s to the gun stamped before it was cromed on the magnum cylinder (Like new in the box). Greg in Boise.

chet15

Hawkeye
RugerBoi":g9a3i7rr said:
:D Hey Chet, I got your note on the RENE and just have not had the time to send a picture of the Crome SC6 with no INC. It is so nice I didn't believe the crome cylinder with the gun was not original...it has the numbers stamped out with x's and the matching #'s to the gun stamped before it was cromed on the magnum cylinder (Like new in the box). Greg in Boise.

Yes, I know the gun. First saw it close to 30 years ago on a Des Moines gun show table, owned by a man by the name of Fred Nielson (some of you may have heard me mention that name before). That gun is exactly as we saw it 30 years ago, with "X"'d out numbers and 165 stamped in at the other three spaces between the chamber mouths. When we saw it, Fred had it sitting in a two-piece box with some sort of form fitting plastic that had a red felt on it.
And...I have seen at least one other nickled Super Single-Six with "X'd" out numbers like yours.
I could use pics of the ends of those cylinders too, as well as a pic of the non-INC barrel rollmark. I'm thinking of doing "inset" photos in a corner of the gun pic so that everybody doesn't think we're showing pics of the same guns.
Chet15

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: That's the one....here it is 9 PM and I'm just looking at the Emails...leaving again in the morning for a couple days to work...I'll do my best to get at the pictures this weekend. RB

chet15

Hawkeye
Thank you sir! If you can, a high resolution (a lot of megapixels) shot on a white or off white background...straight on shot of the entire left side. Then also a pic of the non'INC." rollmark.
Thanks!!!
Chet15

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey RB, sorry about the XXX's.....couldn't find a blank cylinder when I sent that one to the "bumper shop" :D :D :D Just joking.....had to sell that one when I got offered the consecutively numbered pair.....you know how I am about pairing up numbers :shock: :shock: :shock: see ya RR.

Latest posts