gun grease on sr9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
ive been using militec-1 lube on all of the fams guns since we started shooting, we love the stuff.
i ordered some of their gun grease and when it got here i applied it to my sr9, on the slide and rails, and i must say THE GUN IS SO MUCH SMOOTHER!!!!!!

just wanted to give my experience on here!

my gpas P89 reacted the same way 2! he is getting older and he was having trouble pulling the slide back, but now since i put the grease on he says it a lot easier! and i noticed it was easier to pull it back and it was super smooth!

im going to the range some time next week so ill post up again then to tell how the guns like it and how it holds up

JLaw

Bearcat
I use gun grease on the slide rails of all my semi-autos. Always have and always will. In my opinion the advantage is the grease stays put much longer than oil, but the disadvantage is that the grease is a dirt/powder magnet. With that said, I've never had a stoppage on my semi-autos that wasn't related to operator error.

Just be sure to clean and re-grease after range visits and you'll be slick as snot!

JLaw

MrShoeBoy

Bearcat
Just be careful if its really cold out, cold grease can act sticky and the slide can not function as smoothly as it would with a lighter oil. In the summer I lube the rails with grease, but since its been averaging around 25 here, I stick to light oil.

AARON

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
so i went to the range on wends, it was great! i left my guns in the trunk of my car in low 20* weather to see if it would cause an issue with the grease turning less viscus, it was no problem at all! the gun worked great!
even though the gun at first was uncomfortable to hold because it was cold.... but it warmed up quick :) not one problem

so i put 300 rounds through the gun in about 25 min, also put 300 rds through the MarkIII, and then 100 rds through the Mossberg 500 ( pistol grip FTW!!)

got home and took apart the SR9 and if i wasn't anal about keeping my guns clean it would have been fine because the grease looked almost as good as it did when i put it on!!

give it a try guys! Ive heard good things about the wilson combat grease also...
but im sticking with my Militec-1