Gun fighter grip on SBH

Help Support Ruger Forum:

44thumper

Bearcat
Any one have there SBH converted to a gun fighter grip by Gary Reeder? I have a stainless SBH that I want him to shorten the barrel to 5 1/2" plus an action job. I like the look of his gun fighter grip on the SBH square back trigger gaurd , it looks like it gives the grip a bisley style profile. Does any body have experience with this grip , and how does it feel when shot. Pictures if you have them.

COR

Blackhawk
I like how it handles in my 44Mag SBH. It allows the heaviest loads to "roll" just rght for me. Here's a pic of mine.

3ff40479.jpg

240gr&up

Bearcat
COR,
Man, that things sweet! What are you using for a front sight? Is it a F.A.? Is that Hard Chrome, or Valvet hone finish?

COR

Blackhawk
Gary Reeder's shop did all the work. The front sight is similar to the FA style with a small allen head screw in the front so they interchange. This gun shoots great with the gold bead and V rear but if I am hunting I will sometimes use a fiber optic front. He sells all the blades too. The finish is Gary's "Vapor Honed". The black Micarta grips fit perfectly too. The only other work was an action job. I believe the 5 1/2" SBH in SS is the "perfect do all gun" out of the box, if you want a great balancing hunting gun this is the 44 to buy. I just had Gary's shop make it my own. Thanks for the compliments.

44thumper

Bearcat
COR ,sorry I am so slow to check my own ? . Your gun looks great. That is what I am hoping to turn mine into. Was your grip frame off of the hunter model or is it the shorter XR3 RED that is standard on the 5 1/2 " SBH. Once again great looking gun, and thank you for sharing it ...

COR

Blackhawk
Thanks for the cpmpliment and sorry about just seeing your question...it was the standard grip (not the Hunter) on that model. just like the aluminum ones but in SS. I do not like the square back trigger guard at all.

It's all very affordable and he has a real quick turnaround. Gary lists all of his prices on his "services" page.

flatgate

Hawkeye
52725233.jpg

This one is a .45 cal. Blackhawk, but, with a Hunter grip frame. My version of "as good as it gets" (with Ruger parts.)

flatgate