Gun Digest Book of Ruger Revolvers: The Definitive History

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The book was worth the price of admission just for Mr. David Bradshaw's historical parts on Ruger history. I think Max did us all a great service in asking David to contribute to the work. There are other books that deal with Ruger history but very few have first hand knowledge input like this does both with Davids words and Max' access to the manufacturing process. Well done gentlemen.

trouble

Single-Sixer
Just got mine today and like it alot but like already mentioned the lack of GP100, security six info is kind of sad.

Rclark

Hunter
I personally like the book and have enjoyed reading it. There is a lot in there I knew ... and of course a lot I didn't know. I like the perspective that Bradshaw brings to the table as well as others like Taffin, Linebaugh, Martin, etc. that were tied in. I for one felt the book met my expectations of it. I am personally glad the book didn't have much on "LEO, military, tactical, or competition use of DA revolvers" ... which meant more could be spent on the 'good stuff' ;) . The shelves are full of 'black gun/tactics/competion/Concealed carry" books of which I don't care to read.... Anyway thanks for a good book and wonderful pictures. Thanks! Oh, there really isn't one book that can do it all. That is why I have Keith, Taffin, Prasac, McGivern, Wilson, and other books on the shelf....

win1894s

Blackhawk
I received my copy yesterday. It was a good read with lots of info for anybody into ruger
Revolvers. Not every writer can put words on paper that holds my interest. I will look forward to his next book
Thanks max for the great book

dougader

Hunter
I think it's a great book. I'd be bored to tears reading a book as described by Jon. To each his own, but I intend to buy a second copy as a gift for my nephew.

P89DC

Single-Sixer
I really liked the book, esp all the pictures. Thanks for taking all the time and effort to support my addiction!