Gun Digest Book of Ruger Revolvers: The Definitive History

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lee Martin

Hunter
Author and good friend Max Prasac (our own MaxP) gave me his new book yesterday. I encourage all of you to order a copy if you haven't already. The flow, content, and photography are just outstanding. Max goes well beyond the basic history, descriptions, and specs of the firearms at hand. He answers the "why" and "how". In doing so he touches on subject matter not captured in previous books on Ruger revolvers. Contributions from David Bradshaw and the manufacturing staff at Ruger make this piece unique, enlightening, and downright fun to read. And knowing this forum like I do, you all will enjoy the section on customs.

Here's the official press release and order links:

Gun Digest Book of Ruger Revolvers Shares Definitive History of Iconic Brand

Cincinnati, Ohio (December 17, 2013) – Firearms enthusiast and author Max Prasac calls the Ruger revolver "Every Man's Revolver." In Prasac's new book, Gun Digest Book of Ruger Revolvers, he qualifies that claim with the history and technology that have propelled Ruger to its iconic status in the firearms world.

Gun Digest Book of Ruger Revolvers is the definitive historical guide to Ruger revolvers and is jammed full of information for collectors and Ruger owners. Prasac shares various stories behind Ruger's rise to distinction in the firearms community. The book covers details for several single-action and double-action Ruger models. Readers will find information on technological innovations of the Ruger revolver, custom Rugers and tips on hunting with the revolver. More than 300 full-color photographs detail the complex machine that is the Ruger revolver.

"Something just feels right about a Ruger," Prasac says. "They are not the most refined firearms, but they are very well engineered, built like a tank, not fragile in the least and they will serve you well for generations. Ruger strength is the stuff of legends."

Become a Ruger revolver expert by picking up a copy of Gun Digest Book of Ruger Revolvers at gundigeststore.com, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other bookstores today.

Gun Digest Book of Ruger Revolvers by Max Prasac, Gun Digest Books
ISBN-13: 978-1-4402-3717-1 ∙ Price: $32.99 ∙ Hardcover: 8.25 x 10.88

About the Author
Max Prasac was introduced to revolvers at an early age by his father. That introduction became a lifelong passion. Today, Prasac is a frequent contributing author to publications such as Bear Hunters Online and the NRA's American Hunter. He is also the author of Gun Digest's popular Big-Bore Revolvers.

About Gun Digest
Gun Digest is the world's foremost authority on guns in print and online. In addition to Gun Digest the Magazine, the brand's portfolio includes the Gun Digest Books line, Standard Catalog of Firearms, the GunDigest.com online community, and ecommerce specialty store, http://www.gundigeststore.com. For more information, visit http://www.gundigest.com, the Gun Digest Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/gundigest, or follow on Twitter @gundigest. Gun Digest is an imprint of F+W Media, Inc., http://www.fwmedia.com

Media Contact: Alicia Capetillo, [email protected]

http://www.amazon.com/Gun-Digest-Book-Ruger-Revolvers-ebook/dp/B00GFT7ZT4

k2nd

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the heads up Lee. Just ordered it from your Gun Digest link. In stock and shipped for $27.42!
k2nd

contender

Ruger Guru
Mine arrived in todays mail! My MIL gave me $$ for Xmas,, so I promptly ordered the book.
Now,, if I could just get Max to visit WNC & sign it,,,!
(East Coast Gathering maybe?)

MaxP

Buckeye
contender said:
Mine arrived in todays mail! My MIL gave me $$ for Xmas,, so I promptly ordered the book.
Now,, if I could just get Max to visit WNC & sign it,,,!
(East Coast Gathering maybe?)

I would be up for that! I spend a great deal of time in North Carolina!

Thank you, gentlemen!

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
I JUST got the Email saying mine is shipped. I can't wait. This below zero weather has me cabin bound and some good reading may be just the ticket.

Dan

w5lx

Single-Sixer
I received my copy in the mail last Saturday. I had ordered it directly from the Gun Digest link and it came in about 10 days. I spent Saturday evening reading it and can say that it is the best and most entertaining book on Ruger revolvers that I have read. Max does a superb job of communicating his love for these fine guns, and the beautiful photos and accompanying material are well worth the price of the book alone. This book will likely become a classic and is highly recommended for anyone with a fondness for Ruger revolvers. Well done Max.

Rclark

Hunter
Ordered from amazon. None in stock yet ... but the order is in (interestingly, after I ordered it I found it at the local Hastings store :roll: for $10 more) . Anyway, enjoyed the last book, so this should be just as good. Thanks!