gun cost

Help Support Ruger Forum:

larry8

Blackhawk
Well, I just bought a Ruger Security 9 for $249 and it was 450 a year ago From Grab a gun, and the other one was a Ruger Max-9 9mm Pistol w/Red Dot from Gun Broker for $471. A year ago it was almost 600 IIRC. Also I bought a new Ruger Redhawk 44 for $700 about 4 months ago and they were trying to sell them for $1200. Ss the lesson here is look at all the web stores and you will find a good price.

Huskerguy72

Single-Sixer
My local dealer is small and I stopped in to chat yesterday. Not much is moving, less expensive guns have had more appeal for some time. Reloading supplies are just sitting there collecting dust. Rite group was $40 and Varget $56, primers $70 or $80 I didn't look real closely.

He has guns dropped shipped often, a Cannic arrived yesterday while I was there.

Conversely, at the range where we shoot semi competitively, someone has a new gun costing from $1,500 -$2,000 every month. It's the old geezers that have money to spend, the working guys not so much.

I cannot see how this economy is still afloat. I read lots of financial data and more people are maxed out on credit cards and the number of people borrowing against their 401 is nearing a record. Bidenomics at its best.

flyer898

Bearcat
Rarely have I purchased a new gun. I almost always buy used and almost always C&R. Old revolvers and high end target pistols are keeping me broke. I have not detected prices softening. If the economy tanks discretionary purchases will decline.

larry8

Blackhawk
I'm still seeing the prices going lower on many websites. So, if you have been planning to buy a gun, now is the time to do it.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
An example... It may or may not mean anything...

6 months ago, I saw my very first new Marlin/Ruger .44 lever gun. At $1050, I thought the price was fair. I bought it.

A few months later, the same dealer advertised the same model for $1299.

And then a couple days ago, the same dealer is now advertising them for $999.
Local forum has a Ruger-made Marlin .44 Magnum model 94 and the seller is down to $800 with no takers. I have no interest in an 1894, a Marlin made by Ruger, or a .44 and I guess not many others do right now either...

Has anyone noticed that the prices for a lot of guns have gone down?? I just bought 2 Ruger guns for 1/2 the normal price (of 1 year ago)??
Not to be a stick in the mud or a conspiracy theorist, I think it is the lack of funds with inflation so high and the free money Biden sent out whether you needed it or not, ran out. So he keeps the inflation high thinking we can't afford them.
OR maybe the gold rush is over. I just want to see the quality come back.

bobski

Hunter
the industry is still targeting the new owners and the affordable spectrum to move product.

i find it funny how people look at car prices.....then are double shocked at repair costs and gas prices.
now its even insurance.

we know the truth, its a way to make us not want a car and to use public transportation.

the gun industry is still set on (a gun in every home) campaign.
all the time overlooking ammo cost, quality, and stupid owners to achieve it.

Sacramento Johnson

Blackhawk
I think the price declines are very dependent on the firearm and the area of the country one is in. I'm not seeing a decline in my neck of the woods on the stuff I'm looking at; in fact, for new, it's up.

DGW1949

Hunter
I think the price declines are very dependent on the firearm and the area of the country one is in. I'm not seeing a decline in my neck of the woods on the stuff I'm looking at; in fact, for new, it's up.
I agree....In some cases, even the asking price for a used gun is the same (or more) as a new one just like it would be.

DGW

bobski

Hunter
gun sales these days reminds me of the 60's when toys and household things needed batteries. especially those big d-cells.
many here would remember," batteries not included."
the object was cheap....but those blasted batteries made having it expensive.
guns.....ammo.
same same today.
and they keep going back and forth to keep us on the hook.