GS32N

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kwill

Bearcat
Hello,

First time post...I recently bought a GS32N and will post pictures when I get it if anyone is interested. When I called the factory they said it will letter as a GS32. Does anyone know why? Does anyone have a letter on one that they could post? Mine is marked "US" on one side and "NIS" on the other. My understanding is that these went to the Naval Investigative Service. Correct?

Thanks,
Kevin Williams

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Welcome to the forum! Nice gun, those are good finds and very popular with collectors.

GS32N-Left.jpg

GS32N-Right.jpg

A fellow on this forum had a chat with SR&Co about these and "fixed" the serial number range that they have on file. Sounds like the one you found may be outside that range. Ruger's records for the later production -Six series DA's are not terribly accurate. You should be able to get them to admit that your gun should letter as a GS32N when they see the rollmark.

Your front sight insert may be red or yellow. The two different standard loads issued by NIS. I have the note somewhere but I think it was one color for 158 grain .38 Special and the other for 125 grain .357 Mag.

NIS was the forerunner of today's NCIS. Here are some other NIS items that I keep with my GS32N:

NIS-Misc.jpg

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
Kevin: keep it locked up. These Ruger collectors will go to any lengths to buy it from you. First born sons have been offered up in trade for rare collector editions :shock: . I hide mine (also a 159-95xxx) in< >........ Several years ago, before I found this site, sold one for 250 :oops: . And still berate myself. Welcome to the forum. greg

kwill

Bearcat
I received the revolver today and it is identical to weasalmeatgravy's. However, it has Eagle stocks on it. I have a set of original grips but I need a screw. Does anyone have a spare they could sell me?

Thanks,
Kevin Williams

kwill

Bearcat
Well, I ordered a screw from Brownell's. The wrong one, of course. Does anyone happen to know the correct part number? It isn't 780-012-017.

Also, although I've called twice, I've yet to get a letter from Ruger. Is there a secret to it?

Thanks,
Kevin

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
kwill":3jvbuj3r said:
I've yet to get a letter from Ruger. Is there a secret to it?

No secret but Records has been relocated a couple times in the past few months as one building was shut down and another was being renovated. Plus people were out on vacation. You might want to call back and remind them, but it may be best to wait until after the holidays as they may be shutting down until January.

morsecode

Bearcat
Glad to see that you are taking good care of my old GS32, Bob :D

I knew it was going to a good home. Darned if those Speed Sixes don't get under your skin...wish I had the whole collection of them back...

*sigh*

8)

Latest posts