Grizzly Bear Attacks inside a house !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ride1949

Blackhawk
From the link above.

Channel 9 reports the couple tried to fight the bear off, first grabbing a kitchen knife and stabbing it. The husband managed to get a firearm and shot the bear, killing it. Both the husband and wife suffered multiple injuries, including bites, and were treated and released at a hospital. Their children were not injured

RC44Mag

Bearcat
From the link above.

Channel 9 reports the couple tried to fight the bear off, first grabbing a kitchen knife and stabbing it. The husband managed to get a firearm and shot the bear, killing it. Both the husband and wife suffered multiple injuries, including bites, and were treated and released at a hospital. Their children were not injured
Grabbed a knife and went after the bear, who is this guy, Davey Crockett? Damn!

RC44Mag

Bearcat
When under attack, I would grab any weapon I can get my hands on! 😱 Any thing beats bare knuckles and fingernails !
Unless I’m cornered with no where left to go I’m beating feet, out a window or even through the window if need be.

just read the linked story, seems they didn’t have the time to exit. Sounds like they did what they had to do.

Last edited:

Shamus2022

Bearcat
Guess your home defense weapon has to be a little different than what we need in Vt.
Glad everyone came out of that safe and sound. Scary.
Not so fast dude... my neighbors had to fend off a black bear that came into kitchen looking for a snack and I encountered same bear a week later. He is a approx. 400 lb male and as is usual with our bears not aggressive unless cornered. I was investigating a noise on my front deck and thinking it was a raccoon who has been annoying me I went out with my 'raccoon gun' (S&W 638) and was promptly run over by said bear leaving in haste. No injuries except to my hubris. It had been raining so I had some lovely footprints to measure (8") which indicated his size. A good reminder that it is better to be over gunned than under....

One bear encounter for me was enough. Gatlinburg Tennessee in the very early 50s. Went out on the back porch of the cabin we were renting for two weeks. Going to empty the trash into the trash can. I got about two steps onto the porch and met a black bear that was inspecting the trash can. It went "WOOF" turned and headed off the porch. I in turn was breaking all speed records getting back inside. Have encountered others in the wild but that was as close as I ever again care to get to one.