grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

any ruger

Blackhawk
Has anyone ever heard of custom factory fitted grips for a Redhawk ? They look like a grey laminate wood with the ruger insignia on them.They are a finger groove oversise grip.

CraigC

Hawkeye
I have to doubt the story. Ruger never offerred an oversized, fingergroove grip in a black or any other color laminate or hardwood.

ncspeedsix

Single-Sixer
Jim Badger doesn't offer Ruger medallions for his grips, but I have seen examples of people inserting medallions into his grips after they leave his shop.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
CraigC":qnto4xkp said:
I have to doubt the story. Ruger never offerred an oversized, fingergroove grip in a black or any other color laminate or hardwood.

Exactly what I was gonna say. What the person says and what the truth is is often two different things with regard to "custom" work. Unless it can be documented/verified, it's unproven heresay.

I'd have to believe his memory is faulty of where he got the grips. Pull one off and seen what is on the backside. I'm thinking only the custom gripmakers ask you to send the grip in to have the stocks fitted.

any ruger

Blackhawk
I'll be picking the gun up Mon. then hope to post pics of the grips but I gotta agree with everbody else and that these are aftermarket with the emblems installed by somebody else .