Grips for Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Drifter62704

Bearcat
Hi All
I am looking for a set after marcket grips for my new Single Six, it has the black factory one on it but I would like to have something more hand filling. I tried putting the hogue grips on it but with the new trigger lock there was no place to put the mounting stirup. Anyone have suggestions for grips that would be more hand filling?

flatgate

Hawkeye
Unless you have big hands, why bother? You certainly don't need "recoil absorbing" grips. Three fingers on the small grip is plenty.......but, I have average sized mitts.

264767830.jpg

132835046.jpg

Pics above show my two Favorite Shooters. New Models!

flatgate

Drifter62704

Bearcat
Originally posted by flatgate:
Unless you have big hands, why bother? You certainly don't need "recoil absorbing" grips. Three fingers on the small grip is plenty.......but, I have average sized mitts.

I do have large hands and would like to find grips not due to recoil but for better control.

Wangum

Bearcat
The good folks at Ruger sell very nice rosewood grips for the Single Six and Blackhawk models.

flatgate

Hawkeye
This is a job for a larger grip frame.

357573210.jpg

These are .32 mags but they ARE Single-Sixes. The 9-1/2" barreled example sports an aftermarket "Super Blackhawk" grip frame and a slightly modified (hump removed) Single-Six Bisley hammer.

flatgate

M. HALL

Bearcat
flatgate said:
This is a job for a larger grip frame.

These are .32 mags but they ARE Single-Sixes. The 9-1/2" barreled example sports an aftermarket "Super Blackhawk" grip frame and a slightly modified (hump removed) Single-Six Bisley hammer.

flatgate

flatgate,

You are such a flaunt/tease :lol:

I want to do my single six 9-1/2" with brass some day.

They are beautiful!

Take care,

Matt

CraigC

Hawkeye
My suggestion would be to spend some time with your new Single Six and don't expect it to feel like a DA. It's not supposed to. Just tuck that pinky under and enjoy a good sixgun.

8seashell

Bearcat
try www.woodgrips.com/ they have an assortment of grips for single sixers that are awesome.