Grips for Redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TexasFats

Bearcat
Can somebody give me some suggestions for after-market grips for my Redhawk (not the Super version) .44 Mag? I had Hogue Monogrips on it for a little while, but I didn't like the way that they fit my hand. They seemed to be made for King Kong and not human dimensions. The stock rosewood grips fit well, but beat my right thumb up pretty badly. Ideas?

wsnyder0

Bearcat
I like the Uncle Mike's/Butler Creek type. They are out of production now but not too hard to find used pairs. Medium sized yet some rubber cushion.
P1010005.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010009.jpg

hittman

Staff member
Those Uncle Mike's look good on that Redhawk. Can't say that I've seen them on a Redhawk before.

I switched from Hogue's back to the factory grips but added a Tyler T-Grip. Maybe that'd help you.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Pachmayr Gripper Decelerators (if you like finger grooves), or Pachmayr Presentation grips, which look like a standard DA grip but made of rubber.

What exactly does the Tyler T-grip do for you? Lots of people seem to be fans of this little add-on, yet many people also complain about the size of existing handgun grips, and this just seems to make them bigger. What's so special about these things?

-- Sam

M. HALL

Bearcat
TexasFats":2byu4cmo said:
Can somebody give me some suggestions for after-market grips for my Redhawk (not the Super version) .44 Mag? I had Hogue Monogrips on it for a little while, but I didn't like the way that they fit my hand. They seemed to be made for King Kong and not human dimensions. The stock rosewood grips fit well, but beat my right thumb up pretty badly. Ideas?

I resemble that remark! :lol:

Matt

WESHOOT2

Hunter
I've used only Pachmayr Decelerators on my Redhawks. The finger grooves (which I normally otherwise despise) allow me to jam my fingrers upward into the stocks, giving me the desired control for rapid accurate DA shooting.

Rapid.
Accurate.
DA......