Grip Karma

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was looking for something today and ran across this pair of Bisley grips with 45 cal. case heads in them. They are very nice walnut. These grips have my mark on the back as 05-339. That would mean I made them in 2005. But, going back through my old records, 339 shows as a pair of new vaquero grips so, I don't really remember the story on them or why I have them instead of a customer.

When I first made Bisley grips, I ordered a blued bisley frame from Ruger to use for fitting. This set of grips fit that frame perfectly. Then as time passed, I found out that all Bisley frames are not exactly the same, especially around that radius at the top.

After that, I only made Bisley grips if the customer sent me his frame for fitting. I made lots and lots of Bisley grips. Anyway, these grips fit the Bisley frame that I have perfectly. They have a stainless grip screw since I hadn't started offering blued screw hardware yet. Anyway, I'm hoping one of you guys can use them. Sign up if you want them. I'll pick a random number post using a random number generator with Microsoft's Excell on Nov 24th, Thanksgiving Day. These grips have a Tru Oil satin finish on them.
fQpOBWC.jpg

Last edited:

Enigma

Hunter
Please add me to the list, sir. I kept procrastinating about ordering a set of your grips right up until you stopped offering them! I have regretted my indecision ever since!

Hankus

Bearcat
I was looking for something today and ran across this pair of Bisley grips with 45 cal. case heads in them. They are very nice walnut. These grips have my mark on the back as 05-339. That would mean I made them in 2005. But, going back through my old records, 339 shows as a pair of new vaquero grips so, I don't really remember the story on them or why I have them instead of a customer.

When I first made Bisley grips, I ordered a blued bisley frame from Ruger to use for fitting. This set of grips fit that frame perfectly. Then as time passed, I found out that all Bisley frames are not exactly the same, especially around that radius at the top.

After that, I only made Bisley grips if the customer sent me his frame for fitting. I made lots and lots of Bisley grips. Anyway, these grips fit the Bisley frame that I have perfectly. They have a stainless grip screw since I hadn't started offering blued screw hardware yet. Anyway, I'm hoping one of you guys can use them. Sign up if you want them. I'll pick a random number post using a random number generator with Microsoft's Excell on Nov 24th, Thanksgiving Day. These grips have a Tru Oil satin finish on them.
fQpOBWC.jpg
I have a late 90s large frame Vaquero, sign me up please!!

Latest posts